DC3

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Mike Horsten

DC3

#1 Post by Mike Horsten »

Hi I dont know where to post this as it is a Instrument request. But cant find the right thread. (Moderators please move it if needed)

Hi to all,
I picked up the flying in a a DC3 C47 again and in X-plane this aircraft is amazing. Allmost all things work as they should. Now my issue is that i would like to make the instruments or better if somebody has already done so can you share. It the main 6pack and the engine temp/fuel/refs and these things. Now i need to switch over to the 3D view of X-plane to get to them. It would be nice if i can fly as needed.
Same goes for the encoders.
Now one question, can you use the same encoder setup for a cessna and reprogram them to a DC3 if i know the data refs. or will this interfere with the operation of AM. (I know there are ways to select the aircraft so i presume its done this way. (If there is a tutorial just point me and sorry for asking.)

Blue skies
Mike
Building a home Cessna 172SP Steam. X-plane/MFS2020
(ex Name on Airmanager forum Polarair)

Sling

Re: DC3

#2 Post by Sling »

Hi Mike,

It’s certainly achievable. Encoders are programmed in instruments scripts either all together in a hardware only instrument or with each specific instrument that benefits from a hardware control. When you change panel to a different aircraft the instrument code tells AM where to direct your connected hardware. You could have lots of hardware that gets reconfigured to work with loads of different aircraft. All you need to do once it’s all setup is select the different panel in AM and even that can be automated based on what’s loaded in the sim. Quite slick really.

Knowing Vskylabs the datarefs will all be stock Xplane, so instruments designed to work with the default datarefs should just work. That should give you a good starting point and then you can customise and tinker from there.

Tony