Rheostat

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Mikemike

Rheostat

#1 Post by Mikemike »

Hi,

Maybe I missed it in AM, but are these two lighting knobs already created somewhere so I can control them with hardware (potentiometer) on my sim panel?

Xplane, Cessna172

Thanks,
Mikemike
knobs.PNG
knobs.PNG (52.31 KiB) Viewed 3254 times

Ralph

Re: Rheostat

#2 Post by Ralph »

Probably not. I will add those as a hardware function in Air Manager 4 today.

Mikemike

#3 Post by Mikemike »

Ralph wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:35 am Probably not. I will add those as a hardware function in Air Manager 4 today.
Ralph,
Very nice. I wasn't aware of a new version coming. I've had AM three months, so I'm new to the forum and to pretty much everything sim or code related.

Thanks for the info.

Mikemike

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

You can use the beta for free: http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... sktop_BETA
But you'll also get a free upgrade when it is released.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

I've added them to version 4 for the Cessna 172. I noticed that the Baron 58 does something completely different, and so do other aircraft probably. I'm afraid they'll have to be custom made for all aircraft.

Mike Horsten

#6 Post by Mike Horsten »

I presume they also need to be integrated with the radios. Is there an easy way to do this. As most of the hardware in not referenced to the rheostat pods in the instruments.

Mike
Building a home Cessna 172SP Steam. X-plane/MFS2020
(ex Name on Airmanager forum Polarair)

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Which radios do you mean?

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

I came across this when i was devoping my instrument lighting. A generic dimmer can be made if a user property is employed to enable the selection of the appropriate lighting channel. I use 1 to 36 to account for all the xplane lighting channels.

All that would be needed after that is a table of the channels used in each aircraft.

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

It might be an option to have a hardware function that lets you select the position in the array. I tried the Cessna 172 specific instrument on the Baron 58, the instrument lights started flashing. So apparently each aircraft has its own demands.

Mikemike

#10 Post by Mikemike »

Ralph wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:34 am I've added them to version 4 for the Cessna 172. I noticed that the Baron 58 does something completely different, and so do other aircraft probably. I'm afraid they'll have to be custom made for all aircraft.
Nice, I'll try them out today.

Thank you.

Mikemike