Rheostat

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Mikemike

Re: Rheostat

#11 Post by Mikemike »

So I'll apologize now. I don't want to be "that guy" that always asks for things and I do my fair share of researching, but when I hear you guys explain this stuff I feel like a 3rd grader getting a calculus lesson, haha. Sorry, I honestly don't think I will ever understand it. I'm determined to get this panel built tho.

Mikemike

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

Did you find the hardware function? You can add them to a panel in the Home tab.

Mikemike

#13 Post by Mikemike »

Did you find the hardware function? You can add them to a panel in the Home tab.
[/quote]

Yes sir I did. I have been tinkering with them for about 30 min but I'm not having any luck. Just to confirm, this function is for using a basic 3 terminal potentiometer to increase and decrease light levels? I'm using this. I have to be doing something wrong or this potentiometer is not the right kind.
IMG_7394.JPG

Mikemike

#14 Post by Mikemike »

NM, I got it. I had to re-flash the board in AM. It works now =) Thanks for adding this small feature.

Mikemike

Mikemike

#15 Post by Mikemike »

Thought I would do a follow on post for anyone making a panel with hardware. You can assign hardware to control the instrument back lighting, but it will only brighten and dim your gauges or dials within the flight sim program, and not the actual Air Manager instruments.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Mikemike

Sling

#16 Post by Sling »

That is not exactly correct. An Am instrument can dim if it’s been designed to dim. They will not dim if no dimming is built in to the instrument.

Did you see my reply to your other thread on panel brightness. It’s the same solution to both.

Mikemike

#17 Post by Mikemike »

Sling wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:22 pm That is not exactly correct. An Am instrument can dim if it’s been designed to dim. They will not dim if no dimming is built in to the instrument.

Did you see my reply to your other thread on panel brightness. It’s the same solution to both.
Yes, I did, thank you for clarifying. I will be diving into the wiki soon to figure this out for all the instrument and panel lighting.

Mikemike