Can I make a Hide away radio stack

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

brlowe

Can I make a Hide away radio stack

#1 Post by brlowe »

I'm building my Mooney M20 panel still and I want to know if I can make the radio stack and have it hidden off to the side and when I press a button on the panel have the radio stack side into view and then back out of view when I press the button again.
I'm doing this work in the 4.0 Beta version.

I tried to search for this but I'm in information overload at this point.
I still have not created an instrument from scratch yet but that will be happening soon.

Thank you for the help you have all given me so far and will in the future. I hope to be able to contribute help in the future too.

Keith Baxter

Re: Can I make a Hide away radio stack

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Yes that can be done using move() or visible() or viewport_rect() with animation.

@JackZ Jacques even did a page flipper for me some years ago to flip charts, checklists and user manuals.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

The hide/show code would need to be at panel level if you want to do this with existing instruments.

brlowe

#4 Post by brlowe »

Sling wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:19 am The hide/show code would need to be at panel level if you want to do this with existing instruments.
I tried searching for samples of the Hide/Show stuff and cannot find anything. Does anyone know of a video or thread about it I could look at.
I currently have a full panel without any radio stack and I want to build a stack that is hidden off the ride side of the screen and when you press a button on the screen it comes into view and then when done using it you press the button again and it goes back out of view.
So in the code will I hide/show each part of the radio stack or can the stack be all one and move together?

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

As tony says. For a store instrument use an Panel script.

http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... rument_get

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

brlowe

#6 Post by brlowe »

Thank you give me some direction to go with but I already see a problem. I want to hide a GSN530 and I cannot do that because it will have part of the sim display popped out and placed to fit inside it. So this may be for nothing.

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

brlowe wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:59 am Thank you give me some direction to go with but I already see a problem. I want to hide a GSN530 and I cannot do that because it will have part of the sim display popped out and placed to fit inside it. So this may be for nothing.
That will be a bit trickier for sure. However I think it should still be possible if you get creative. If you can’t hide the GNS windows from the sim then hide/show a cover over it that has some instruments on it.

brlowe

#8 Post by brlowe »

Sling wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:11 am
brlowe wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:59 am Thank you give me some direction to go with but I already see a problem. I want to hide a GSN530 and I cannot do that because it will have part of the sim display popped out and placed to fit inside it. So this may be for nothing.
That will be a bit trickier for sure. However I think it should still be possible if you get creative. If you can’t hide the GNS windows from the sim then hide/show a cover over it that has some instruments on it.
I get it. Leave the GNS in place and cover it with the other part of the panel. Well that is going to take some thinking and planning.

Sling

#9 Post by Sling »

The best way to approach it is to sketch out what you want the panel to look like in both modes. From this you’ll get an idea of what instruments will end up being fixed and which ones from each panel will need to be part of the show/hide.

brlowe

#10 Post by brlowe »

Sling wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:28 pm The best way to approach it is to sketch out what you want the panel to look like in both modes. From this you’ll get an idea of what instruments will end up being fixed and which ones from each panel will need to be part of the show/hide.
Funny I was looking at the panel and doing that in my head. I just need to try and hide and show one gauge to see how the code works with a button on the panel. At the speed (SLOW SLOW) I work at this may take me a few days. I use to tell my boss "I may be slow but I do crappy work". He did not think it was funny. That was when I was an FAA Repairman working on aircraft instrument before I became a software engineer.