Can I make a Hide away radio stack

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

brlowe

Re: Can I make a Hide away radio stack

#11 Post by brlowe »

Can you use the Hide function to hide and show a complete panel?
I was playing with my panel setup and created another panel with just the radio stack in the correct locations and the background is transparent so I could open and close it to see what I need to hide or show. While doing this I thought it would be great if I could press the button and hide or show that panel completely, or push it back and bring the other panel forward.

Thanks

Sling

#12 Post by Sling »

You can’t hide/show the panel but you can effectively achieve the same result by applying show/hide logic to a group of all the instruments. As I think I said previously this script applies to the panel and not the individual instruments.

brlowe

#13 Post by brlowe »

Sling wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:56 am You can’t hide/show the panel but you can effectively achieve the same result by applying show/hide logic to a group of all the instruments. As I think I said previously this script applies to the panel and not the individual instruments.
That is what I thought and that is why I made the other panel so I could place it over the first one so I know what needs to hide.
Thanks again

Sling

#14 Post by Sling »

I see you posted a question on my YouTube channel about this so I’ll probably do a video at some point. If you can post images of your 2 panels it will be easier to visualise what you are saying.

brlowe

#15 Post by brlowe »

Sling wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:18 am I see you posted a question on my YouTube channel about this so I’ll probably do a video at some point. If you can post images of your 2 panels it will be easier to visualise what you are saying.
Did not know that was you on that you tube channel. Sorry about that

jasong

#16 Post by jasong »

I don’t know if you still need help on this but download my pa28 panel as I’ve made buttons that hide and show different instrumentals

brlowe

#17 Post by brlowe »

jasong wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:12 pm I don’t know if you still need help on this but download my pa28 panel as I’ve made buttons that hide and show different instrumentals
Where can I download this panel?

jasong

#18 Post by jasong »

From here https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao__HZjW8Iusiacv1PFLkZYsliDOuA

There’s also a topic in “under construction projects”

brlowe

#19 Post by brlowe »

jasong wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:18 am From here https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao__HZjW8Iusiacv1PFLkZYsliDOuA

There’s also a topic in “under construction projects”
Thank you I’m going to check it out.

jasong

#20 Post by jasong »

Let me know if you need help, I’m not suggesting this is the best way to accomplish what you want, but it worked for what I needed. Good luck!