Need a little big help

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

airyadh

Need a little big help

#1 Post by airyadh »

Hello
I am starting to built cessna cockpit 172, using A2A ACCUSSIM 172 for the views and simminnovations for the gauges, and i'm building a radiostack (nav,com,autopilot,...).
I have found in the library the "BENDIX/KING CAP140 AUTOPILOT SYSTEM", Unfortunately only work for the XPLANE :? .As i'm a user of fsx and A2A cessna172 and this autopilot match 100% with the autopilot of the A2A cessna172 but the script is for the xplane.I have no knowledge to how to make a script to work with the A2A cessna 172.
if someone would be kind to write me a script :roll: .Tell me just what lvars do you need it.

Thanks in advance

Ralph

Re: Need a little big help

#2 Post by Ralph »

I've tried to make it for A2A, but the problem was that they don't publish all the data, and I couldn't find the event's for the buttons. As long as A2A doesn't want to share those, we're stuck.... But I'll have another look, maybe now there's something to find....

airyadh

#3 Post by airyadh »

Hello Ralph
Thanks for your replay, i have here in this forum a topic from Abaragones:viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45.I don't know if he had solve the problem?

Abaragones

#4 Post by Abaragones »

airyadh, see my PM. I made the KAP140, and it works as well as I can make it work. It has some quirks, particularly in ALT/VS/ARM, but it is definitely working. Also, I was never able to get the LVARs for the BARO function.

Is there any way to share "non finished" work with other members?

I am happy to share the XPDR, DME and intercom I made for the A2A C172/182 as well. (I have many other minor instruments that I made as well)...some with some minor issues, reason why I haven't send them to be shared.

Abe

shadyowl2

#5 Post by shadyowl2 »

Abaragones wrote:airyadh, see my PM. I made the KAP140, and it works as well as I can make it work. It has some quirks, particularly in ALT/VS/ARM, but it is definitely working. Also, I was never able to get the LVARs for the BARO function.

I am happy to share the XPDR, DME and intercom I made for the A2A C172/182 as well. (I have many other minor instruments that I made as well)...some with some minor issues, reason why I haven't send them to be shared.

Abe
I have created a gauge of the stec-30 gauge for the Comanche using the lvars from the published list from A2A, they are lvars also. You should be able to incorporate these into your gauge abe. I have spoken to the guys at A2A and this is what they use to program the gauges.

Code: Select all

KAP 140 Autopilot unit:
AP button - (L:kap140_ap_button,bool), also set (L:kap140_ap,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
HDG button - (L:kap140_hdg_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_hdg,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
NAV button - (L:kap140_nav_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_nav,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
APR button - (L:kap140_apr_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_apr,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
REV button - (L:kap140_rev_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_rev,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
ALT button - (L:kap140_alt_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_alt,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
UP button - (L:kap140_up_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_up,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
DN button - (L:kap140_dn_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_dn,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
ARM button - (L:kap140_arm_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_arm,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
BARO button - (L:kap140_baro_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_baro,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
AP inner knob - (L:kap140_InnerKnob,percent) (range: 0 – 100)
AP outer knob - (L:kap140_OuterKnob,percent) (range: 0 – 100
OORAH!!!! Its a Marine Thing....USMC retired

airyadh

#6 Post by airyadh »

Thanks Shadyowl2
But my problem that i have no knowledge to how to write a logic scrpt :roll:

airyadh

#7 Post by airyadh »

Sorry Shadyowl2
Idon't see that the message was for Abe :mrgreen:

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Then it should be possible. I'll have a look.

JackZ

#9 Post by JackZ »

Abaragones wrote:airyadh, see my PM. I made the KAP140, and it works as well as I can make it work. It has some quirks, particularly in ALT/VS/ARM, but it is definitely working. Also, I was never able to get the LVARs for the BARO function.

Abe
Hi Abe, I know it's quite a month ago, but to answer your question, why don't you setup a Github account?
I did that for the ASPEN, here: https://github.com/JackZ974/AirManager-ASPEN-EFD1000
I know that a lot of people would love to get their hands on A2A C172 AM gauges.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Abaragones

#10 Post by Abaragones »

Hey Jacques, it is a good idea but I have never used that. I will do my best to look into it this weekend

This will be helpful if others want to use the instruments I created for the A2A 172 and 182 and finish them since although they work well, there is still lots of coding that need work.

In total I have:
-KAP 140 Autopiltop
-KMA 16 TSO (Intercom)
-KT 76C TSO XPDR (transponder)
-DME KN62A TSO
-Davtron OAT

These work excellent for any given flight, but some functions are missing and very few graphics (outer maker light for example), this is the reason why I have not upload them to AM for sharing.

It would be great if anyone is interested in using them and perhaps improving them

Thanks for the suggestion, hope to have time this weekend to do this.

-Abraham

ps. Maybe AM could facilitate a type of sharing of work in progress? just a thought