Swipeable panels?

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

gregr75

Swipeable panels?

#1 Post by gregr75 »

I am oscillating between a 27 inch full cockpit AM panel or a much less intrusive 10 inch AM panel. If I go With a smaller display, can I have several panels loaded up at the same time? For example my batt/alt/fuel pump/carb heat/mag/landing light/ ignition switches are on one panel and then if I swipe I can go to a comm/nav/GPS panel And then I swipe again and I can go to a fuel selector panel, etc?

Ralph

Re: Swipeable panels?

#2 Post by Ralph »

You can, using the scroll wheel. Just as in the 737 overhead panel. With the scroll wheel you move the position of the instruments, individual or as a group.

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

You can also use touch spots to show and hide panels as you need them. If it was me though i’d go with the bigger screen as I think it gives more flexibility and therefore possibilities with more screen real estate to work with.

gregr75

#4 Post by gregr75 »

Not sure I understand touch spots.... does that mean a button that say show/hide fuel panel for example?

I see how the scroll wheel works but still looking for a quick swiping gesture... like online dating😎 it’s a bit extra work to find the scroll wheel when I’m flying

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Yes that’s exactly what I meant by touch spots.
Last edited by Sling on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

There's no full screen swipe overlay, only a scroll wheel. Or you can make buttons for up and down, left and right.

gregr75

#7 Post by gregr75 »

Ok thank you

RolandW

#8 Post by RolandW »

I bought the Zibo overhead panel last night. I have the landscape version on a 19" external monitor (not touch screen) with an iMac. The slider is not at the edge as shown in the video. It starts out over the "ELEC 2" switch in the hydraulic pumps section. When I scroll with the mouse wheel, I can't go all the way to the bottom. I'm not able to access the lower parts of the panel (nothing below HYD PUMPS and STANDBY POWER).

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

There's still an issue with non full HD monitors I have to fix. I hope to do it this week. But with being sick myself, then my kid and now my wife, things aren't going as planned :)
And there's also a small hardware project that needs to be finished before next Thursday... :|

RolandW

#10 Post by RolandW »

Hi Ralph, was that in reply to my issue?
Wishing you and your family a speedy recovery!