#31 Post by russ »

There is a similar online curve fit app at http://www.mycurvefit.com
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

tsilikas

Re: Non Linear Gauge Calculations

#32 Post by tsilikas »

Thanks everyone for the help.

I have to admit that Non Linear Gauges have given me some headache. My simulator is complete a couple of months now but I can't get my Airspeed and RPM gauges work with A2A Piper Cherokee aircraft. I tried to follow the instructions provided in this topic but wasn't successful. I have been able to perform other tasks using LUA scripts (adjust other gauges, program panel switches on Linda, etc) but had no success on non-linear gauges.

Has anyone been able to program Airspeed and RPM gauges for A2A Piper Cherokee? If so, can you please share the script? I use the generic Cessna 172 gauges as a foundation. I pushed my self to find the solution before posting on this forum but I guess this is my last resort.

Thanks in advance for your help and look forward to hearing back from you.

Panos

Ralph

#33 Post by Ralph »

It shouldn't be too hard to adapt example scripts to your application. You can start simple, and step it up little by little.

alioth

#34 Post by alioth »

tsilikas wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 am Has anyone been able to program Airspeed and RPM gauges for A2A Piper Cherokee?
First of all, are you using the A2A custom Lvar variables?
This aircraft doesn't use the standard variables. Values don't match. You must use the custom Lvars.

mycurvefit web is a beautiful page. I use it a lot.
Anyone knows a program with similar options?

Arturo.

docjl

#35 Post by docjl »

tsilikas wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 am I have to admit that Non Linear Gauges have given me some headache. My simulator is complete a couple of months now but I can't get my Airspeed and RPM gauges work with A2A Piper Cherokee aircraft. I tried to follow the instructions provided in this topic but wasn't successful. I have been able to perform other tasks using LUA scripts (adjust other gauges, program panel switches on Linda, etc) but had no success on non-linear gauges.
Hi, why don't you work using sectors ? In your non linear gauge, they are probably some linear sectors (between a value to another) ; so, you'll can write your script sector by sector after. Each sector will have a his own calculation formula.
I used this in my ITT gauge for Beech 1900, you can have a look.
Jean-Luc

shadyowl2

#36 Post by shadyowl2 »

Ralph did an excellent youtube video explaining the coding previously in this post. I have used it in other A2A aircraft and it works perfect. Also you need to use the Lvar from A2A for the airspeed to indicate correctly as the Cherokee display's in MPH not KNOTS, (L:AirspeedNeedle,mph). There is a pdf list on the a2a forums for most of them, or you can use fsupic or linda to extract the rest.

tsilikas wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 am Thanks everyone for the help.

I have to admit that Non Linear Gauges have given me some headache. My simulator is complete a couple of months now but I can't get my Airspeed and RPM gauges work with A2A Piper Cherokee aircraft. I tried to follow the instructions provided in this topic but wasn't successful. I have been able to perform other tasks using LUA scripts (adjust other gauges, program panel switches on Linda, etc) but had no success on non-linear gauges.

Has anyone been able to program Airspeed and RPM gauges for A2A Piper Cherokee? If so, can you please share the script? I use the generic Cessna 172 gauges as a foundation. I pushed my self to find the solution before posting on this forum but I guess this is my last resort.

Thanks in advance for your help and look forward to hearing back from you.

Panos
OORAH!!!! Its a Marine Thing....USMC retired

tsilikas

#37 Post by tsilikas »

Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate it. I do use A2A custom LVARs and when performing tests in airmanager edit function it appears to be working fine. However, during flight it's not cooperating.
Quick question on Mycurvefit web page; should I input speeds and angles under X and Y axis titles at the bottom left of the first page and then extract the resulting equation?
Also I will take a look at Beech 1900.

Thanks again for your help and will keep you posted on my progress.

Ralph

#38 Post by Ralph »

X and Y? If you're rotating an image then you don't need X and Y. Or aren't you rotating?

tsilikas

#39 Post by tsilikas »

Hm.. A specific speed (x) will equate to a needle rotation by certain degrees (y). Right? :)

Ralph

#40 Post by Ralph »

Ah sorry, I thought you talked about coordinates.