Aerosoft Twotter Extended engine instruments

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

russ

Re: Aerosoft Twotter Extended engine instruments

#41 Post by russ »

I'm on the way home from FSC 2016... great interest Air Manager!

JackZ I will share with Christian when he contacts me.

tomlithgow...I have most of the instruments done as you can see from Mark Hursts vlog posts on Youtube. PM me and we can discuss some form of collaboration on the remaining gauges...no need duplicating my completed efforts.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

arcc

#42 Post by arcc »

Hi
Hi Russ

I have a friend of mine Christian, who is on the French cockpit builders' forum Aircockpit.com
I am Christian and i don't speak English. Sorry i use an Online traduction.
I made the Engines gauge.
All is ok, the needle moved normally except the for the T5 gauge. The needle moved by "fits and starts".
In Lvars, the travel(movement) is not linear.
I use this way.

Code: Select all

...../....
function new_data(t5temp1)

t5temp1 = var_cap(t5temp1, 0, 60)

if t5temp1 > 57.01 and t5temp1 <= 60 then  -- 720 a 750 --
		img_rotate(img_needle, (4.7 * (t5temp1 - 57.01)) + 170.6)	

elseif t5temp1 > 54.88 and t5temp1 <= 57.01 then  -- 700 a 720 --
		img_rotate(img_needle, (4.56 * (t5temp1 - 54.88)) + 161)	

elseif t5temp1 > 49.92 and t5temp1 <= 54.88 then  -- 650 a 700 --
		img_rotate(img_needle, (4.54 * (t5temp1 - 49.92)) + 138.5)

..../....

Some more of work on drawings.

Best regards

Christian

Crazierchief

#43 Post by Crazierchief »

Are these instruments getting released to the public users of airmanager, i see the potensial in the program but Until i read about the development of these twin otter instruments the program has ben of little Use to me in my planned cockpit building

Ralph

#44 Post by Ralph »

I think it'll be available as a payware panel soon. But we want to have the disappearing instrument(s) bug out of the way first.

JackZ

#45 Post by JackZ »

Ralph wrote:I think it'll be available as a payware panel soon.
Mmmm....

Did I misread it, or are you implying that some gauges/panels will be released as payware by Siminnovations (i.e. as a sort of DLC) in the near future?

That would be definitely against the "open source" concept of all the gauges (either original or improved ones) added so far by people like me and you, gauges that constitute the real added value of AIr Manager, IMHO.

Jacques (perplexed)
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Ralph

#46 Post by Ralph »

We still will have freeware / open source gauges. I even uploaded 2 new gauges today. But we will also have some payware panels.

Crazierchief

#47 Post by Crazierchief »

Payware is fine with me, i also hope to see a complete ixeg 737 300 set of gauges in the future also :-)

Ralph

#48 Post by Ralph »

I kinda fell in love with the 737 MAX flight deck.... :geek:

russ

#49 Post by russ »

Below is the Twin Otter Extended center panel with the engine instruments. I have spent hundreds of hours doing the entire Otter cockpit. If we do make money from the Twin Otter it will go to Sim Innovations to further development and not to me. I am a volunteer. Any if any others out there want to see Sim Innovations radically change the home cockpit building industry, join in too. We really need C/C++ programmers to help Corjan who spends one day a week of his time to code Air Manager. We also need people to help create more cool panels and instruments. I am game to attack popular airplanes as a team and crank them our. I could coordinate assignments, create standards, and QC the work, We would have panel color and SkinMan lighting standards so the sets looks consistent.

Sim Innovations needs the OpenGL transition, a Nav Database, object animation, night lighting effects, and Hardware support just to name a few on the roadmap toward a unified approach to Cockpit building with a single plugin to run everything. We know how to do all these but we just don't have the manpower and programming resources. If we could make enough $$ to get Corjan (or a clone of him ) working full time, we could get where we want to go in a year. As it is it may take several. I think the plan is to keep the costs low for the software and encourage growth of the open source instrument community. Like any DIY hobby, if you are willing to invest time it should cost you less. But there are many users that just want completed ready to fly panels for their favorite airplanes. Twin Otter was just a trial to see what we could do on a more advanced airplane with study level systems. We now have every thing working(Except the GPS) so it can be done.

We need some two monitor panel sets for popular SE and light ME
I'd like to see a couple Fighter cockpits - I think there is a T6 done by ShadyOwl finshed
We need the nav database to get serious with airliners but we can do the other panel now.

Only if Sim Innovations can create some viable profit can the development speed up. Payware panels may be a way to do that. But for our open source user base we certainly won't forget you. You are what makes Air Manager viable,

The twin otter touch panel of Engine instruments/ Fire Panel/ Fuel Panel
(click to enlarge)
otter center.png
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

shadyowl2

#50 Post by shadyowl2 »

Russ,
Sent you a PM
OORAH!!!! Its a Marine Thing....USMC retired