C 172 OAT/Timer Guage

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

magicnorm

Re: C 172 OAT/Timer Guage

#21 Post by magicnorm »

The gauge works perfectly. A big Thank You to Sling. Great work.

Sling

#22 Post by Sling »

Your most welcome. Glad to be of assistance.

gabrielcox

#23 Post by gabrielcox »

Sling wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:24 am Your most welcome. Glad to be of assistance.
Sling,

If you got the "OAT and time" to work with the default X-Plane 172, I would be most interested in trying it out. So far I've tried the following versions: "Cessna 172", "Generic", "Airfoil Labs", and it seems none of them update along with X-Plane instrument updates. The rest of my instruments all work fine -- (with the exception of Attitude Indicator adjustment knob).

Sling

#24 Post by Sling »

I assume this is what you are after and that it is for use with Xplane. I am currently working on an updated version of this and some other aircraft clocks. Watch these forums for news.

gabrielcox

#25 Post by gabrielcox »

Yes! That's it.
I'd be happy to help with testing, etc. Right now my scale cockpit is mostly working except for this item (and my EGT encoder). The rest of the encoders, flaps, power panel, all work well (ArdsimX based).

I just now did a search through all the datarefs and came up with the following candidates that my help since I was planning on writing my own. But if you have it all sorted out, I'd much rather just reuse the existing work and perhaps offer to help (if any is needed).

sim/weather/temperature_ambient_c
sim/cockpit2/temperature/outside_air_temp_degf
sim/cockpit2/temperature/outside_air_temp_degc
sim/cockpit2/temperature/outside_air_temp_deg
sim/cockpit2/electrical/battery_voltage_indicated_volts

sim/time/timer_is_running_sec int y boolean Is the timer running?
sim/time/total_running_time_sec float y seconds Total time the sim has been up
sim/time/total_flight_time_sec float y seconds Total time since the flight got reset by something
sim/time/timer_elapsed_time_sec float y seconds Total time elapsed on the timer
sim/time/local_time_sec float n seconds Local time (seconds since midnight??)
sim/time/zulu_time_sec float y seconds Zulu time (seconds since midnight??)
sim/time/use_system_time int y boolean Use system date and time for local time

sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/elapsed_time_hours int n hours Elapsed time on the timer, hours
sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/elapsed_time_minutes int n minutes Elapsed time on the timer, minutes
sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/elapsed_time_seconds int n seconds Elapsed time on the timer, seconds
sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/zulu_time_hours int n hours Zulu time, hours
sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/zulu_time_minutes int n minutes Zulu time, minutes
sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/zulu_time_seconds int n seconds Zulu time, seconds
sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/local_time_hours int n hours Local time, hours
sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/local_time_minutes int n minutes Local time, minutes
sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/local_time_seconds int n seconds Local time, seconds

Sling

#26 Post by Sling »

Sorry for the slow reply but I've been busy. The work is done and I've sent the clock out to a couple of users a while back and they seemed very happy with it. As I said I've been working on a bunch of new clocks based around a common library but I'd like to check them out with FSX/P3D also before I release. I might do a video soon with a demo of what I've been doing with them. In this collection is an update of the Cessna Davtron clock the other guys are running that provides the Xplane sync options via user preferences and much improved real life functionality of the timers.

Watch out for the video.

Tony
Last edited by Sling on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JackZ

#27 Post by JackZ »

Tony

Great to see you improved my version of the generic Davtron clock, which was at that time rebuilt from scratch from the AM concept.
As far as I recall the only thing that was missing compared to the original instrument (the Davtron) was the countdown timer, as I worked using the real user manual.
I’d be more than happy to test your new version, especially if it’s been improved in that area and the XPlane field, which I’m less familiar with.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Sling

#28 Post by Sling »

Thanks Jacques, I'm not quite ready yet but it won't be long. I do have FSX somewhere but it's not currently installed as I'm waiting to move house before upgrading my Sim PC. As soon as I have something for testing I'll post back.

Xiaolong

#29 Post by Xiaolong »

Hi Sling,
I am building my own Cessna 172 analog module. It uses the XPlane11 platform. I also encountered C172 OAT/Timer problems. Can you help me with this problem?
Xiaolong

Sling

#30 Post by Sling »

If you can define your problems with the clock I can tell you if this version will solve your issues. I hope to post a video soon but I'm having issues with capture software.