Cessna Radio Stack issue ( airfoilabs and xplane stock)

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Phbardyn

Cessna Radio Stack issue ( airfoilabs and xplane stock)

#1 Post by Phbardyn »

Hello all !

After integrating successfully airmanager pc to build my cockpit panel for my Cessna 172, I reopen my wallet to take the iPad version to build the radio stack . I have tried different instruments available but it’s not working : wrong frequence , input on sqwack being overwritten by the simulator value ...

Can someone report if it’s normally working so that I can at least know if I need to make some debug on my side or if it is linked to gauge incompatibility ( xplane 11 stock Cessna and Airfoilabs )

Thanks a lot

Ralph

Re: Cessna Radio Stack issue ( airfoilabs and xplane stock)

#2 Post by Ralph »

As said in the other topic, AFL uses a lot custom datarefs. Can you tell me exactly which instruments?

Phbardyn

#3 Post by Phbardyn »

All bendix radio plugin including the full stack ... if it goes about custom refs then I’m stuck as it is not possible at his stage to modify the iPad gauges right ?? And also it’s not limited to the AFL ... the stock c172 of xp11 idem dito

Phbardyn

#4 Post by Phbardyn »

I have made an additional round of testing...

1/ when using a screen extender like duet on my ipad and using AirManager PC version, I can use the two Bendinx/king Radio KX165A for Nav/COM 1and 2.../ Autopilot is working partially : some commands bounces back nut nothing hard / Transponder does not work at all... the commands are not so precise as for the Ipad Version

2/ the ipad version of Air Manager is supporting also the two radios ( with a better resolution of interaction on the knobs ) but no autopilot nor transponder to work

So, even if I was so happy for the gauges rendition of the PC versoin of my cokpit I'm quiet dissapointed with the IPAD version... that's 23 euro lost as we cannot modify the gauges

In the meantime I have adressed a mail to "corjan" to request to participate to the ipad beta 3.0... but yet no answer ...

Keep you posted

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Be patient. We're at FS Weekend this weekend, I'll look at it next week.

Phbardyn

#6 Post by Phbardyn »

Patient I will be 8-) ... I already enjoy a lot my pc version ... and Flying manually is also fun ... I’m never against a hard core weekend ! Ear from you next week

JackZ

#7 Post by JackZ »

The problem most certainly lies with the add-on itself.
There is a common misconception on what a specific gauge can do, depending the way it is programmed.
Most of the hardcore add-ons are using custom variables to communicate with the sim engine, be it XPlane, FSXor P3D.

If an Air Manager gauge has been developed for a generic airplane, the subscribed variables in the code are generic as well, and when used with an add-on, some specific functions of the add-on won’t work as they do not use the generic variables.

On the contrary, some AM gauges have been developed for a specific add-on (such as the A2A C172 for FSX/P3D) and are subscribing to some specific variables pertaining to this add-on ONLY, hence are unusable with a stock airplane.
For example some of the AM C172 gauges have been tailored to work with the A2A only and won’t work with the stock FSX 172.

If you’re up to, on the desktop version of AM, you can always jump into the code and try to replace the add-on specific variables subscribed by some generic Simconnect equivalent variables, if they exist.

On the IPad version there is no access to the code of the gauges, so if a gauge doesn’t exist nor work as expected, you’ll have to wait until a specific version comes out, if ever, as one has to remember that 80% of the AM gauges are developed by fellows simmers and so are depending on their good will/own interest.

May I suggest to Ralph to conduct a survey on what instruments would be needed/asked on the IPad, to get an idea for us poor fellow developers on areas of improvements?

In the meantime, I think I could set a list of all the gauges with their compatibility (add-ons, sim platform) as I have both XPlane and FSX/P3D.
The only part I can’t do is the IPad version as I don’t have it, so any help would be appreciated.
Any hint coming from a specific add-on from the forum users would be useful as well
The resulting compatibility table could be then published on the Wiki and this very forum in a specific thread for information, if it proves useful.

At least this would allow to identify which gauges are missing/needed, sorted by plane/sim/addons category, and maybe generate some convergent effort to improve things.

My ten cents!

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Phbardyn

#8 Post by Phbardyn »

Thanks Jacques for this detailed explanation

Indeed my intention is to jump with the desktop version into the code to adapt with the specific data refs for this plane ... I have asked the community but so far nobody seems to have the list of data refs.i will try to read the outcome from datarefeditor...

The solution will be ok for the desktop version by using duet screen on iPad ... and I’m lost of 23euro on the iPad :(

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

We're releasing a new version of the iPad app, so changes are that there'll be a compatible instrument. We're also going to release iPad updates more frequently now.

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

The info is now a bit spread over the forums. Can you create a ticket at our website? Then we can both have a look at it and we'll keep everything organized.
https://siminnovations.com/support/support-ticket