Garmin GPS not showing up on iPad

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

m1llipede

Garmin GPS not showing up on iPad

#1 Post by m1llipede »

Hi, I purchased both the desktop and iPad versions of Air Manager. I can see the Garmin 430 & 530 in the desktop version but not in the iPad version. Any ideas? Maybe i'm just missing a basic concept here.

Thanks!
Brian

russ

Re: Garmin GPS not showing up on iPad

#2 Post by russ »

Not all instruments in the desktop store of community gauges are in the iPad app. Apple closely guards th security of the iPad so it cannot communicat and download files from a source outside Apple's control. All the current store instruments are periodically added to updates for the iPad so you will eventually get them. There may be a way to solve this problem in the future when an Android version of Air Manager is added. They don't restrict files from outside sources free m before no added. Also, there is a player app that will probably be released along with Air Manager 3.0 that can run instruments on Windows tablet computers and my initial tests also show the full desktop version of Air Manager can also run pretty well on Windows tablets too. You can see my video about this possibility at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=458&start=30#p4003
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

Psionmark

#3 Post by Psionmark »

Hi,

I just purchased the iPad app yesterday and am pretty pleased with it.

Would it not be possible to add new gauges via Dropbox? A lot of other apps use that as the "file system". Alternatively, it's a lot easier to get stuff into iCloud these days, so we could drag and drop via the desktop (Windows or Mac) and it'll be available to the app.

Just some thoughts 😄

Regards,

Mark

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Hi Mark, we had this discussion before. So it's best if I link to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=126

MrD141

#5 Post by MrD141 »

Let me post my vote for focusing on iOS. I'm sure you guys have limited programming resources and I think the iOS marketplace is much more viable than Android or Windows tablets. iOS users have disposable income and are more likely to spend it on things. Just my opinion/experience.

Would love to see Garmin 530/430 added in a future app update.

Keep up the good work.

Doug

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

It's not necessarily Android that's keeping us from working on the iPad app. Right now the main focus goes to Air Manager 3.0.