A gauge that moves only with x-plane.

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

falcon50

A gauge that moves only with x-plane.

#1 Post by falcon50 »

In the next version upgrade I want you to move from gauge that works with only x-plane to FSX, P3D as well.
(For example, kingair B 200 engine gauge.)

JackZ

Re: A gauge that moves only with x-plane.

#2 Post by JackZ »

Don't want to be rude, but most of the gauges here are made by forum users. These users are free to develop whatever gauge they want to and of course to whatever platform (XPlane and/or FSX/P3D) they wish/are interested with.

So basically if you want to make some XPlane only gauges available to FSX users, be my guest....
Look into the forum for threads about doing this conversion process.
You'll have to learn Lua somewhat and get into the code, but converting gauges from one world to another is usually not very difficult, and eventually you'll get the satisfaction of being useful to the community.

As for my own gauges I publish on the store, I tend to try to have them working for both worlds, but this means additional work, additional debugging and of course having both XPlane and FSX. Not everybody's cup of tea.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

docjl

#3 Post by docjl »

As JackZ told you, a lot of gauges on the store are made by users like you and me. Siminnovations offers Air Manager, and users can make gauges to enrich the store.
They share them with community. It's not possible to ask them to "translate" all their gauges on both platforms.
In my case, I don't have FSX, so all my gauges (except some who were been corrected by Ralph) are for XP.
However, I understand that it could be frustrating to see a nice panel but reserved for the other platform....
Jean-Luc

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I try to make them compatible with all the sims sometimes. But I can't work as hard as so many developers :) We'll do our best for the next iPad release to make them compatible as much as possible.

falcon50

#5 Post by falcon50 »

Wow, I did not know that forum users are making it.
I also have to study LUA a bit.
Or I will move to X-PLANE.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Moving to X-Plane is never a bad idea ;)