Air Manager no longer receiving data from X-plane?

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

spankybus

Air Manager no longer receiving data from X-plane?

#1 Post by spankybus »

Hey Mates,

Not sure why, but the gauges within AM for iPad no longer function. Updated the plug-in to 2.16, verified the IP addy's match between xplane and iPad AM. its worked before, but this is a new development.

Recently started using SPAD.next for new saitek gear, which might be a potential cause?

tried various panels within the app, but so far no joy. been using it for awhile now and its always worked. Also just updated to latest version of x-plane beta. Sorry, i lost track of which version its running now.

Ralph

Re: Air Manager no longer receiving data from X-plane?

#2 Post by Ralph »

Could be a clash between those two. Do you think it started after you installed SPAD.next?

spankybus

#3 Post by spankybus »

I did some testing:

Air manager desktop works fine.

RF cockpit for iPad also does not currently work. It also has works as easily as air manager has, so maybe latest xp11 beta patch is an issue.

I ran x-plane with Spad.next off (and the xp11 plug-on for it disabled). No luck.

Also tried running xplane with all other 3rd-party plug-ins disables, same for the AM plug-in. Nope.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Would be weird if it works on the desktop but not on the iPad. Do you have the latest plugin from our wiki?
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/files/Plugins_2_1_6.zip

spankybus

#5 Post by spankybus »

Yep. Got it yesterday. Also checked that the iPad app is also up to date.

It's always worked before, but I admit I've not used it in a couple weeks.

Please note that another similar app, remote flight, also is having similar issues.

Thair.nl

#6 Post by Thair.nl »

I don't know the iPad version of Air Manager so this might be a "stupid answer". On hthe desktop version under the 'Settings' tab there is an option to select the Flight Simulator you will be using. If such an option is also present for the iPad, does it state "'X-plane'?

Greetings,

Theo.
Boeing 737-800 simulator (under construction): http://thair.nl, Beechcraft Baron B58 simulator (also under construction): http://b58.thair.nl.

spankybus

#7 Post by spankybus »

No worries, Mate. Ipad version does have a place to,set the current simulation. It is set correctly

russ

#8 Post by russ »

Are you using desktop AM on th same computer as XP11 or over a network? I think the latest plugin is supposed to "find " the sim in address automatically but since both RF and AM are broken I womder if something has changed on your network and the dynamically assigned IP address of the sim has changed and no longer matches any manual value you may have set?

Just an idea but if your AM desktop is via the network my idea is less likely.

BTW you can use computer names instead of IP addresses to avoid any IP reassignment issues.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

spankybus

#9 Post by spankybus »

AM desktop is on same machine as xp11.

However, that machine's IP is fixed on my network via the central router and is still what it was when last the i{ad version worked.

I haven't ever tried AM with P3D, which I own. Maybe I will try to see if it's the network or xp11

spankybus

#10 Post by spankybus »

Ok, just tested iAM in P3D and no joy. However, there was one thing different, thoguh I am not sure if its significant or not.

The E1000 panel populates with data in P3D but that data never changes. Data seems arbitrary, like default starting numbers. in XP11, this panel is completely blank. There are some graphical shapes, but no numbers or systems populate.

Other GA panels do not update at all, so in that respect, its the same as xp11.

I just tried to open UDP ports 5555 and 5556 in my router, though this has never been needed before. Just getting desperate for ideas as to why this is being a PITA.