Apple App store

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

RohanT

Apple App store

#1 Post by RohanT »

Hi Guys....

I just want to know that I just signed up and paid in your website and when I went to download the app in the App Store it's asking to pay for the app.

I was confused about this... didn't know weather I have to pay again.

Also need to know Weather I can run a lap top computer with windows and a IPad Air connected together with my desktop computer which I run X plane 10.

Thanks in advance

Rohan T

russ

Re: Apple App store

#2 Post by russ »

First, the desktop and iPad version are separate purchases. The desktop will run on MacOS, Windows, or Linux. Obviously the iPad version will run only on that. There are hopes for an Android version but that is not high on the To Do list right now. I can tell you that I have run a beta of the OpenGL version, due out hopefully in the first half of 2017, as version 3.0 on a fairly low powered Windows tablet computer with good frame rates(>30+ fps). Unfortunately the current Java base graphics runs too slow( about 15 fps ).

All iPad apps must be downloaded from the App Store so yes it is a separate purchase.

You can connect multiple devices to your desktop computer running the Simulator via Ethernet or WiFi. You can also run additional instruments locally on the computer along side your Simulator at the same time as the others as long as Air Manager is installed there too. Very flexible.

One way to use your ipad with desktop instruments that I learned of recently is by using an app called Duet Display. It allows you to connect your iPad to your computer using a lightning cable to the USB port. It can the be used as an extended desktop providing a touch screen monitor. If you want to see it in action look at my video posted at another thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448

Instead of the Bezel mask I run along with the X-Plane GPS, you could just resize and place other instruments. One thing I noticed is that the iPad is not charged while being used as an external monitor so it could limit things somewhat.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist