Omission of important restriction

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

ryma

Omission of important restriction

#1 Post by ryma »

Bought a few hours ago. And pure disappointment.

The main reason for buying Air Manager was to create a display with Garmin navigation devices (G1000, GNS530/GNS430). When assigning the panels, we learn that they only work on the desktop version. Buttons and dials, however, are supposed to work. What use are buttons and dials if I can't see a display?

Why are panels available that are not supported?

It almost borders on cheating not to announce such an important limitation.
IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0767.jpg

Ralph

Re: Omission of important restriction

#2 Post by Ralph »

Please let me know where it says that our iPad or Android app has a completely working GNS or G1000 instead of an overlay, so we can change that.

I'm getting pretty tired with this. First I suggested to remove it because it doesn't have much use and it could confuse people. Then there was a group that said we shouldn't remove it because they thought it was useful to touch control the sim instead of doing it with their mouse. And now someone gets angry because we left it in there. Seems like we can't do it right either way... :cry:

ryma

#3 Post by ryma »

Ralph wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:59 am Seems like we can't do it right either way... :cry:
Hi Ralph

I would like to apologize for my spiteful choice of words. That was not correct from me.
I did not know the available options with the black screen. That is why I was angry.
Now I have experimented for some time and I must say, you can work with it to some extent.

Sry again
ryma

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

As far as I know, we do not advertise with a fully working GNS or G1000. We left it in there on request from other customers, not with false pretenses.

ryma

#5 Post by ryma »

Ralph wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:39 am As far as I know, we do not advertise with a fully working GNS or G1000. We left it in there on request from other customers, not with false pretenses.
Understood.
I intend to switch to the desktop version soon anyway, so that all panels and functions are available to me. I understand the iPad version as an introduction to get to know the basics.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

The iPad version is indeed more intended as a beginner version, or a version for people that don't need or want all the extras. You can use the 4.0 beta version for the desktop for free, so you can see if it works for you.
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... sktop_BETA

ryma

#7 Post by ryma »

I will do that. Thank you very much.

ryma

#8 Post by ryma »

It felt good to "play" in the AirManager editor. However, after launching X-Plane to check out the new creation, XP11 crashed with the following message, every time I launched:

xp_error.jpg

So I can't check AM in XP. You were talking about version 4. My version is the 1.0 (Mac OSX Catalina).

am_info.jpg
am_info.jpg (13.3 KiB) Viewed 3996 times

Keith Baxter

#9 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Beta is only for windows.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

ryma

#10 Post by ryma »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:39 am Hi,

Beta is only for windows.

Keith
The point is that I cannot test the current AM Mac version 1.0 in XP11.