Omission of important restriction

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Corjan

Re: Omission of important restriction

#11 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

There is a BETA for the Mac, but it is quite old.

I have heared from another customer that the mac version crashes.
Will have a look at that this weekend.

Corjan

jph

#12 Post by jph »

Hello @ryma
I don't want to sound like a windoze fan.... I hate it in many many ways. And, this is purely IMHO .
Certainly, if a product is advertised as compatible for 'mac' then in theory, it certainly should work for 'mac' - but there are so so many other outside influences and variables that can never make it 'fully compatible'
The reality is that the 'mac' is, in the real world, not really registering on the scale of usage in a sim / game capacity. - just the same as linux is not either.
The only 'real' system that is supported from ALL angles - not specifically AM, but hardware drivers and specific sims / games etc is windoze.
On a mac, it tends to be a wing and a prayer,
In fact, from my side, I wish LR would completely give up on MAC support (and definitely linux !) and purely concentrate on windoze as otherwise it appears to be holding things back.
It is more an 'Austin' thing / obsession really. I am sure LR would have dumped mac support years ago without Austin's 'obsession'
It is horses for courses.
Don't get me wrong, the mac can be really good for certain things if money is no object and design and aesthetics, or, the need to run certain specific programs that are simply not available for a pc (not that I know of many) is a priority.
It is just the nature of things that the vast majority of resources from every angle of sims / games / drivers / add ons etc etc etc are concentrated on the actual real world majority market and not the niche.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

ryma

#13 Post by ryma »

Basically I fly on a Windows PC. Currently I work on the Macintosh and like to fly there from time to time without having to switch to the Windows PC every time.

Corjan

#14 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

@jph
Lets not open the whole OS discussion. I'm happy that there is choice. Only having one company control the complete OS market doesn't seem nice for the consumer.

@ryma
I'll post a message here if I manage the fix the bug and build a new BETA.

Corjan

jph

#15 Post by jph »

Corjan wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:02 pm Hi,

@jph
Lets not open the whole OS discussion. I'm happy that there is choice. Only having one company control the complete OS market doesn't seem nice for the consumer.

@ryma
I'll post a message here if I manage the fix the bug and build a new BETA.

Corjan
Yes, agreed. It certainly wasn't my intent to be controversial or invoke an O/S discussion as that tends to often end up being ' heated'. My apologies, and of course to the original poster, it is not the place or helpful.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.