pourCrashtender: Garmin AFCS

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ypsos

Re: pourCrashtender: Garmin AFCS

#11 Post by Ypsos »

Thank

If I understand the translation, the universal AFCS in Air Manager interfaces with the physical module connected externally to the PC (like my Goflight)
So the AFCS is not a universal autopilot in the sense that I understand it CAD it works like the Garmin 50 for all lamniar planes as tested above.

Keith Baxter

#12 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

As this is instrument is a GMC710 It is supposed to work with the GFC700.

So all xPlane air-frames that that have a GFC 700. In other words all xPlane air-frames that have the G1000 or developers that use the GFC700.

However Crashtender did not code it for GFC700. It is coded with a "soup" of datarefs that dont work together.

I am going to redo it so that it uses the correct datarefs.

This instrument is standard in the G1000/King Air 200/B200, Hawlker C90A/GT, Piper Meridian, TMB850/900, Citation mustang etc etc....

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#13 Post by Sling »

All the different autopilot types were not around when this instrument was made. I suspect it used to work with older Xplane versions but now obviously needs an update.

Keith Baxter

#14 Post by Keith Baxter »

Sling wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:18 pm All the different autopilot types were not around when this instrument was made. I suspect it used to work with older Xplane versions but now obviously needs an update.
Tony,

Yes, I suspect that.
I am getting it up to spec so that it works as it should.
This is a LRU that is needed for the G1000. So it has to work as intended.

This G1000 project is a BIG elephant to eat. :lol:

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#15 Post by Sling »

@Keith Baxter

Yes. I’ve had a working LR based G1000 bar the navigation for a while now Just waiting on it to continue.

Ypsos

#16 Post by Ypsos »

Thank you for your clarification then.

If your texts have been correctly translated by google, I must understand that in my case the only solution would be the Garmin 50 with an evolution of the options in addition to that I mentioned.

Merci pour vos clarifications donc.

Si vos textse ont été correctement traduient par google, je dois comprenbdre que dans mon cas le seule solution serait le Garmin 50 avec une évolution des options en plus que j'ai cité .

Keith Baxter

#17 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ypsos wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:40 pm Thank you for your clarification then.

If your texts have been correctly translated by google, I must understand that in my case the only solution would be the Garmin 50 with an evolution of the options in addition to that I mentioned.

Merci pour vos clarifications donc.

Si vos textse ont été correctement traduient par google, je dois comprenbdre que dans mon cas le seule solution serait le Garmin 50 avec une évolution des options en plus que j'ai cité .
Hi ,

NO. There are many/lots of other options.
We can help you create something that you want. Something Custom.
However, For this instrument it needs to work as intended.

The highlighted green text in your quote. I do not know that instrument. Do you have a link to it so that I can respond better.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#18 Post by Keith Baxter »

Sling wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:02 pm @Keith Baxter

Yes. I’ve had a working LR based G1000 bar the navigation for a while now Just waiting on it to continue.
Tony,

Is that Laminar Research or a typo for LRU?

Keith

Ypsos

#19 Post by Ypsos »

I understood very well that we do not change the existing modules

I understood that we must manufacture a new module.

I'm just using these sample modules to try and make sense of what I'm looking to do.

Therefore

The new module should integrate all the options of the GARMIN GFC500 Generic from Sim Innovations

Why this choice?
It works with the laminar planes I mentioned above.

So I deduce that it works with all generic laminar datarefs planes what I'm looking for.

We have a working basis which means that the new module will integrate the elements of the Garmin GFC 500

more
what I also explained

rotary knobs to adjust:
- ATHR +/- adjustment
- QNH +/- adjustment
- OBS / Stroke 1 adjustment
- OBS-course2 adjustment
auto break
auto Air Speed
digital display for the above-mentioned settings.

In short, the final result of the new module could look like the Autopilot -Mod ... module (I cannot read the rest of the name in the menu which is not displayed) and which can be found in the section Boing autopilot 737 NG ipad.

BUT, working with Laminar generic aircraft datarefs.

cordially

J'avais très bien compris que l'on ne change pas les modules existants

J'ai compris qu'il faut fabriquer un nouveau module .

J'utilise juste ces exemples de module pour essayer de faire compendre ce que je cherche à faire.

Donc

Le nouveau module devrait intrégrer toutes les options du GARMIN GFC500 Generic de Sim Innovations

Pourquoi ce choix?
Il fonctionne avec les avions de laminar que j'ai cité plus haut.

Donc j'en déduits qu'il fonctionne avec tous les avions aux datarefs générique de laminar ce que je recherche.

Nous avons une base de travail qui fait que le nouveau module integrera les éléments du Garmin GFC 500

plus
ce que j'ai expliqué également

boutions rotatifs pour régler:
- Réglage ATHR +/-
- Reglage QNH +/-
- Reglage OBS/Course 1
- Reglage OBS-course2
auto break
auto Air Speed
afficheur numériques pour les réglages citées.

Bref le résulat final du nouveau module pourrait ressembler au module Autopilot -Mod...( je ne peux pas lire dans le menu la suite du nom qui ne s'affiche pas) et qui se trouve dans la rubrique Boing auto pilote 737 NG ipad.

MAIS, fonctionnant avec les datarefs pour avion générique de Laminar.

cordialement

Sling

#20 Post by Sling »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:14 pm
Sling wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:02 pm @Keith Baxter

Tony,

Is that Laminar Research or a typo for LRU?

Keith
Laminar Research