pourCrashtender: Garmin AFCS

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ypsos

pourCrashtender: Garmin AFCS

#1 Post by Ypsos »

Hello

I installed the garmin AFCS generic on the Ipad in my panel.

Some buttons no longer work and no longer react on the Ipad screen and nothing happens in the cockpit of Laminar's planes.

Thank you for the feedback

Bonjour

J'ai installé le garmin AFCS generic sur l' Ipad dans mon panel.

Certains boutons ne fonctionnent plus et ne réagissent plus sur l'écran du Ipad et rien ne se passe dans le cockpit de xplane des avions de Laminar.

Merci pour le retour

Ralph

Re: pourCrashtender: Garmin AFCS

#2 Post by Ralph »

I'm not really sure what you mean... The crashtender G1000 is going to be removed from the next release, there were too many bugs in it. We've put all our hopes on @Keith Baxter now ;)

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:20 pm I'm not really sure what you mean... The crashtender G1000 is going to be removed from the next release, there were too many bugs in it. We've put all our hopes on @Keith Baxter now ;)
Yeh,

And Keith Baxter is waiting for something. :lol:

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ypsos

#4 Post by Ypsos »

I'm talking about the autopilot module with OBS 1 and 2 the Garmin AFCS C ... in the generic module of Crashtender
(ps I can't read the reference after the C of AFCS C ...)

So if it's the one (you're talking about the 1000) it will be deleted.

I thought more simply that following the changes of data refs in XPlane1150, the update was not made on this module by Crashtender which would explain that the buttons do not work.

Okay, so I take note that the Garmin AFCS C ... from crashtender will be retired.

Thanks for the precision.

It would therefore be replaced by that of @ keith baxter.

Good news.

If all the buttons / options present on the Garmin AFCS C ... removed are integrated into the Keith module with a rotary knob to adjust ATHR, know that 90% of my needs will be satisfied.

cordially

Je parle du module autopilote avec OBS 1 et 2 le Garmin AFCS C... dans le module generic de Crashtender
(ps je ne peux pas lire la référence après le C de AFCS C...)

Donc si c'est celui-la (vous parlez du 1000) il sera supprimé.

Je pensais plus simplement que suite aux changements de data refs dans XPlane1150, la mise à jour n'a pas été faite sur ce module par Crashtender ce qui expliquerait que des boutons ne fonctionnent pas.

Bien , je prend donc acte que le Garmin AFCS C... de crashtender sera retiré.

Merci pour la précision.

Il serait donc remplacer par celui de @ keith baxter.

Bonne nouvelle.

Si tous les boutons/options présents sur le Garmin AFCS C... retirés sont intégrés dans le module de Keith avec un bouton rotatif pour règler ATHR, sachez que 90 % de mes besoin seront satisfaits.

Cordialement

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi ,

Yes and No.

I am doing the Garmin G1000 series. Each air-frame has different LRU's (Line Replacement Units) So the GMC 710 might be among the that bunch of LRU's.

I Think you are talking about the "Garmin AFCS Control Unit (GMC 710) by Crashtender"
You need to check if the air-frame you are using has a "GMC 710" installed. If the air-frame does not have a "GMC 710" then the instrument will not work.

What Aircraft are you trying to use the instrument on?

Anyway there are many errors in that instrument. I will try and fix them because I will most likely want to use it.

@Ralph

I see @Crashtender was last active 2 years ago (Dec 2018) so a fix from him is unlikely.
Before you remove his instruments let me fix what I can. There are a lot of silly errors and missing callback's . eg...

Code: Select all

button_add("","", 560 , 20 , 60 , 40,click_release_callback_btn_XFR))
AM here is looking for a boolean not an int

Code: Select all

-- reading current AP in command
AP_source = 0

function current_ap_source(source)
	AP_source = source
end
xpl_dataref_subscribe("sim/cockpit2/autopilot/autopilot_source", "INT", current_ap_source)

------------

function click_release_callback_btn_XFR()
	new_source = not AP_source
	xpl_dataref_write("sim/cockpit2/autopilot/autopilot_source", "INT", new_source)
end

button_add(nil,nil, 560 , 20 , 60 , 40,click_release_callback_btn_XFR))
Why are these issues only coming to the for Two years later???

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ypsos

#6 Post by Ypsos »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:34 pm Hi ,

Keith
I can testify this.

It seems that from version 11.40 of X-Plane11 modified some data refs of the autopilots. from Pluys Vulvan and MLetal so, nt arrived.

Indeed some of my buttons on my physical Goflight external instrument stopped working.

With the arrival of version 11.50 and Metal, Sandy's plugin is no longer compatible and I no longer have any external instruments that work because not compatible with Metal and Vulcan
As administrator of a multiplayer network I have similar reports of behavior among other participants.
Hence my migration to Air Manager.

Je peux témoigner ceci.

Il semblerait qu'à partir de la version 11.40 de X-Plane11 a modifié certaines data ref des auto-pilotes. de Pluys Vulvan et MLetal so,nt arrivé.

En effet certains de mes boutons sur mes intrument exterieurs physique Goflight cessaient de fonctionner.

Avec l'arrivée de la version 11.50 et Metal le plugin de Sandy n'est plus compatible et je n'ai plus aucun instruments exterieur qui fontionne car non compatioble avec Metal et Vulcan
Comme amdinistrateur d'un réseau multijoueur j'ai les remontés similaires de comportement chez les autres participants.

D'ou ma migration sur Air Manager.

Keith Baxter

#7 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ypsos wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:58 am

Keith
I can testify this.

It seems that from version 11.40 of X-Plane11 modified some data refs of the autopilots. from Pluys Vulvan and MLetal so, nt arrived.

Indeed some of my buttons on my physical Goflight external instrument stopped working.

With the arrival of version 11.50 and Metal, Sandy's plugin is no longer compatible and I no longer have any external instruments that work because not compatible with Metal and Vulcan
As administrator of a multiplayer network I have similar reports of behavior among other participants.
Hence my migration to Air Manager.

Je peux témoigner ceci.

Il semblerait qu'à partir de la version 11.40 de X-Plane11 a modifié certaines data ref des auto-pilotes. de Pluys Vulvan et MLetal so,nt arrivé.

En effet certains de mes boutons sur mes intrument exterieurs physique Goflight cessaient de fonctionner.

Avec l'arrivée de la version 11.50 et Metal le plugin de Sandy n'est plus compatible et je n'ai plus aucun instruments exterieur qui fontionne car non compatioble avec Metal et Vulcan
Comme amdinistrateur d'un réseau multijoueur j'ai les remontés similaires de comportement chez les autres participants.

D'ou ma migration sur Air Manager.
Hi,

Most are coding errors. I have fixed the coding errors but have not tested.
What Aircraft are you using.
Then I can test it with that Aircraft.

I can send you the fixed instrument but it will not work on your iPad unfortunately. Desk top yes.

Keith

Ypsos

#8 Post by Ypsos »

I Think you are talking about the "Garmin AFCS Control Unit (GMC 710) by Crashtender"
I think so But I can't read the full name because on the Ipad in the left-hand menu I don't have the full title I only have

Garmin AFCS C ...
Generec - Crashtender

Je pense que oui Mais je ne peux pas lire le nom complet car sur le Ipad dans la barre menu de gauche je n'ai pas le titre complet je n'ai que:
Garmin AFCS C...
Generec - Crashtender
ou need to check if the air-frame you are using has a "GMC 710" installed. If the air-frame does not have a "GMC 710" then the instrument will not work.
Heu!!! :mrgreen:
Google translation translates me into french by chassis GMC 710.

What is a 710 chassis?

Google traduction me traduit en français par chassis GMC 710 .

C'est quoi un chassis 710?
What Aircraft are you trying to use the instrument on?
On all Laminar aircraft as well as free planes using the generic Laminar autopilot datarefs.
Sur tous les appareil de laminar ainsi que les avions free utilisants les datarefs génériques de l'auto pilote de Laminar.

I also tested
the Garmin GFC 50 ...
Generic - Sim Innovations

with the following notices
-Cesnna 1721 Skyhawk of Laminar
-King Air 90 Laminar
-Sikorsky Helicopter Laminar
-Boing 737-800 Laminar
-Pipistrel Aerobask
-A320 River
-DHC63 Twin Other

This Garmin is therefore universal and works on all tested planes, that's what I'm looking for

What is missing on the Garmin GFC 50 to be complete and truly universal with the majority of Laminar aircraft
The rotary knob for the following options:
- ATHR +/- adjustment
- QNH +/- adjustment
- OBS / Stroke 1 adjustment
- OBS-course2 adjustment

What is missing on the Garmin AFCS C ...
The rotary knob for the following options:
- ATHR +/-
- QNH +/-

J'ai testé aussi
le Garmin GFC 50...
Generic - Sim Innovations

avec les avison suivants
-Cesnna 1721 Skyhawk de Laminar
-King Air 90 Laminar
-Sikorsky Helicoptère Laminar
-Boing 737-800 Laminar
-Pipistrel Aerobask
-A320 Riviere
-DHC63 Twin Other

Ce Garmin est donc bien universel et fonctionne sur tous les avions testés c'est ce que je recherche

Ce qui manque sur le Garmin GFC 50 pour être complet et vraiment universelle avec la majorité des avions de Laminar
Le bouton rotatif pour les options suivantes:
- Réglage ATHR +/-
- Reglage QNH +/-
- Reglage OBS/Course 1
- Reglage OBS-course2

Ce qui manque sur le Garmin AFCS C...
Le bouton rotatif pour les options suivantes:
- ATHR +/-
- QNH +/-

Ypsos

#9 Post by Ypsos »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:24 am
Hi,

Most are coding errors. I have fixed the coding errors but have not tested.
What Aircraft are you using.
Then I can test it with that Aircraft.

I can send you the fixed instrument but it will not work on your iPad unfortunately. Desk top yes.

Keith
Ok Thank
As explained this is not for any particular aircraft.

This is to be able to fly all the planes of:
- Laminar in xPlane
- Free planes using the same datarefs as laminar.

Of course this is excluded and nbe will not identify aircraft purchased using their own daterefs and not those of laminar.

cordially

Comme expliqué ce n'est pour aucun avion en particulier.

C'est pour pouvoir piloter tous les avion de :
- Laminar dans xPlane
- Les avions free utilisants les mêmes dataref que laminar.

Bien entendu ceci exclu et nbe cioncernera pas les avions achetés utilisants leurs propres daterefs et pas ceux de laminar.

Cordialement

Keith Baxter

#10 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

The instrument is this one.

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/GMC710_I ... Manual.pdf

As I said the dials and switches that were not working had coding errors. Not dataref issues.

I will test later tomorrow and resubmit to the store.

Keith