I cannot find the following instruments ipad

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ypsos

Re: I cannot find the following instruments ipad

#11 Post by Ypsos »

There are a few "PREMIUM" Instruments and panels that can be purchased from Sim Innovations.
For Ipad?
if so, what are the instruments I'm looking for?
or buy them if both answers are yes

Pour Ipad?
si oui ce sont les instruments que je cherche?
ou les acheter si les deux réponses sont oui
However the majority of the instruments that you talk of "xxx" are made by the "COMMUNITY". It is not the responsibility of Sim Innovations or the community to provide a "all fit all" solution.
Sorry I cannot share this approach as a French legal approach question of (culture issue :).

Indeed if a Product is sold as advertised compatible with Xplane it should at least integrate the default options we are talking about.

Or null by on apple store it is specified for example:

many basic xplane instruments do not exist
Their integration and realization depend on the goodwill of the external community to conceive them.

On the other hand, if sim innovation would integrate at a minimum these xplane default options expected by customers, if customers would then have needs external to these fundamentals, I can conceive that indeed, a community external to sim innovation could intervene and in this this would not be the responsibility of sim innovation.

As an example:; Xplane integrates all the basic scenes by default as a scene creator I contribute to improve xplane

But at a minimum even without my Xplane scenes is usable.

In the case of Air Manager Ipad, I cannot at least use this application. Indeed and I understood that Sim Innovation did not install the basic default instruments. Instruments that were believed to be found in sales advertising.

Désolé je ne peux pas partager cette approche comme approche juridico diplomatique ( question de culture :).

En effet si un Produit est vendu comme annoncé compatible avec Xplane ne devrait-ilpas au minimum intégrer les options pas défaut dont nos parlons.

Or nulle par sur apple store il est spécifié par exemple :

de nombreux instruments de base de xplane n'exitent pas
Leur intégration et réalisation dépendent de la bonne volonté de la communauté externe pour les concevoir.

Par contre si sim innovation intégrerait au minima ces options par défaut de xplane espérées par les clients, si les clients auraient ensuite des besoins externes à ces fondamentraux, je peux concevoir qu'effectivement , une communautré externe à sim innovation pourrait intervenir et dans ce cas ce ne serait pas de la responsabilité de sim innovation.

Comme exemple :;Xplane intègre toutes les scène de base par défaut comme créateur de scène je contribue à améliorer xplane

Mais au minima même sans mes scènes Xplane est utilisable.

Dans le cas de Air Manager Ipad , je ne peux pas utiliser au minima cette application. En effet et j'ai bien compris que Sim Innovation n'a pas installé les instruments par défaut de base . Instruments que l'on croyait pouvoir trouver dans la publicité de vente.
For your needs the Ipad version is not viable IMHO.

The desktop version works on mac and with some help from the guys at SI and the community you should find a solution.
So why offer it for sale?

I have been using on Ipad for over 15 years
-Airtack
-AirNav pro (versions being used not only in simulation but in real flight on iPad)
-X-Mapper TNG

The options we are talking about are integrated into these software on Ipad.

so why am I not using them?

Simply because you cannot manipulate the change of HDG, Obs, speed, VS etc with a rotary knob. You have to enter numbers

Air Manager iPad better simulates real external physical instruments like rotary knobs.

So Air Manage Ipad is well advanced it does not lack much.

Alors pourquoi la proposer à la vente?

J'utilise sur Ipad depuis plus de 15 ans
-Airtack
-AirNav pro (versions étant utlisés non seulement en simulation mais en vol réel sur IPad)
-X-Mapper TNG

Les options dont nous parlons sont intégrés dans ces logiciels sur Ipad.

alors pourquoi je ne les utilise pas?

Simplement parce que on en peut pas manipuler le changemend de HDG, de Obs, vitesse, VS etc avec un bouton rotatif . Il faut rentrer des chiffres

Air Manager iPad simule mieux les instruments réels physiques externes comme les boutons rotatifs.

Donc Air Manage Ipad est bien avancé il ne lui manque pas grand chose.
The desktop version works on mac and with some help from the guys at SI and the community you should find a solution.
137 / 5000
Résultats de traduction
Can you assure me that the Ait-r Manger Desktop community can help me to make my instruments which can then be recovered on iPad?
Vous pouvez me certifier que la communauté Air Manger Desktop peut m'aider pour réaliser mes instruments ensuite récupérables sur iPad?
Last edited by Ypsos on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keith Baxter

#12 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I am not interested in you "legal" approach or threats. If you feel aggrieved or think you have been mislead then I am sure you will get a full refund from the guys at SI.
I stated before. Air Manager is a plugin tool where YOU can develop your own instruments. It is NOT A "ALL FIT ALL" solution and is not advertised or marketed as such.

If I misunderstand then I apologize.

Tony, Ralph and myself are trying to help you and give you a solution.
Sorry to not tell you what you want to hear.
I do not think that iPad is your solution.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ypsos

#13 Post by Ypsos »

Sorry

-different culture
- google translator problem

- conjugation of verbs in French or the use of the conditional form which means that it is not an affirmation or an accusation but a question

So please take into account what I'm saying: the translator does not reflect the reality and the meaning of my intervention. It is for this reason that I always use French as an annex to the translation.

Sorry once again that the linguistic subtlety of the turn of the sentences does not appear in the English version.

But I confirm that there is no threat just a technical fact and a business choice based on cultural behavior.

To come back to the subject, I read in the previous posts

a) that the iPad would not be suitable.
b) that if in Air desktop an instrument is produced and submitted to the community, it would be integrated into the Ipad version

My question is therefore simple but remains from the beginning remains unanswered.

If I buy Air Manager Desktop
a1) Can the community help me, as you say, to develop the tools I need?

Yes ?
no?

B1) once developed and submitted to sim innovation, will this instrument be integrated in the next update of Air Manager Ipad?

Yes?

no?

C1) I will by this biai recover my instrument for free in Air Manager Ipad?

Yes?

no?

cordially

Désolé

-culture différrente
- problème du traducteur google

- conjugaison des verbes en français ou l'utilisation la forme conditionnelle qui fait que ce n'est pas une affirmation ni une accusation mais une question

donc SVP prenez en compte ce que je dis: le traducteur ne reflète pas la réalité et le sens de mon intervention. C'est pour cette raison que j'utilise systématiquement le français en annexe de la traduction.

Désolé encore une fois que la subtilité linguistique de la tournure des phrases n'apparait pas dans la version anglaise.

Mais je confirme qu'il n'y a aucune menace juste un constat de fait technique et de choix commercial basé sur un comportement culturel.

Pour revenir au sujet, je lis dans les précedents posts

a) que le iPad ne serait pas adapté .
b) que si dans Air desktop un instrument est réalisé et soumis a la communauté il serait intégré dans la version Ipad

Ma question est donc simple mais reste depuis le début reste sans réponse.

Si j'achète Air Manager Desktop
a1) est-ce que la communauté peut m'aider comme vous l'annoncer à développer les instruments dont j'ai besoin?

Oui ?
non?

B1) une fois développé et soumis à sim innovation est ce que cet instrumlent sera intégré dans la prochaine mise a jour de Air Manager Ipad ?

oui?

non?

C1) je vais par ce biai récupérer mon instrument gratuitement dans Air Manager Ipad?

Oui?

non?

Cordialement

Keith Baxter

#14 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ypsos wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:11 pm Sorry

-different culture
- google translator problem

- conjugation of verbs in French or the use of the conditional form which means that it is not an affirmation or an accusation but a question

So please take into account what I'm saying: the translator does not reflect the reality and the meaning of my intervention. It is for this reason that I always use French as an annex to the translation.

Sorry once again that the linguistic subtlety of the turn of the sentences does not appear in the English version.

But I confirm that there is no threat just a technical fact and a business choice based on cultural behavior.

To come back to the subject, I read in the previous posts

a) that the iPad would not be suitable.
b) that if in Air desktop an instrument is produced and submitted to the community, it would be integrated into the Ipad version

My question is therefore simple but remains from the beginning remains unanswered.

If I buy Air Manager Desktop
a1) Can the community help me, as you say, to develop the tools I need?

Yes ? We would assist and point you in the right direction. We would NOT do the instruments for you.
no?

B1) once developed and submitted to sim innovation, will this instrument be integrated in the next update of Air Manager Ipad?

Yes? This is not a fast process and takes time. Sometimes two to three months. It is a IStore issue.

no?

C1) I will by this biai recover my instrument for free in Air Manager Ipad?

Yes?

no?

cordially

Désolé

-culture différrente
- problème du traducteur google

- conjugaison des verbes en français ou l'utilisation la forme conditionnelle qui fait que ce n'est pas une affirmation ni une accusation mais une question

donc SVP prenez en compte ce que je dis: le traducteur ne reflète pas la réalité et le sens de mon intervention. C'est pour cette raison que j'utilise systématiquement le français en annexe de la traduction.

Désolé encore une fois que la subtilité linguistique de la tournure des phrases n'apparait pas dans la version anglaise.

Mais je confirme qu'il n'y a aucune menace juste un constat de fait technique et de choix commercial basé sur un comportement culturel.

Pour revenir au sujet, je lis dans les précedents posts

a) que le iPad ne serait pas adapté .
b) que si dans Air desktop un instrument est réalisé et soumis a la communauté il serait intégré dans la version Ipad

Ma question est donc simple mais reste depuis le début reste sans réponse.

Si j'achète Air Manager Desktop
a1) est-ce que la communauté peut m'aider comme vous l'annoncer à développer les instruments dont j'ai besoin?

Oui ?
non?

B1) une fois développé et soumis à sim innovation est ce que cet instrumlent sera intégré dans la prochaine mise a jour de Air Manager Ipad ?

oui?

non?

C1) je vais par ce biai récupérer mon instrument gratuitement dans Air Manager Ipad?

Oui?

non?

Cordialement
Hi,

My apologies. Clearly a misinterpretation.
The community here will help and assist where they can.
If you can give us a list of the instruments and the air-frame they are for I could give you a better answer.

Not all instruments are easy to produce. Things like the Garmin instruments, ND, can be done but are very complex. So not something to expect to be done on your first attempt.

So give us a list of the instruments and a picture (image) of what you want and we can tell you what can be done, and what can not be done.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

I'm not gonna get into this matter. We cannot handle iPad refunds, you'll have to ask Apple.

Keith Baxter

#16 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:17 am I'm not gonna get into this matter. We cannot handle iPad refunds, you'll have to ask Apple.
Ralph,

So Air Manager for iPad go's through Apple?
They like to control everything don't they.

Keith

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

Ypsos,

It would probably be yes to all 3 of your questions.

As I posted previously this will take some time. The iPad version is limited by the fact Apple do not allow executable code to be uploaded to the iPad unless it’s embedded in an App which goes through their verification process. This means all instruments need to be embedded with the App so you have to wait for the App to be updated with all the latest instrument updates. If Spacedesk will not work for you then what about Duet. I think that works with Mac and iPad.

Tony

Ypsos

#18 Post by Ypsos »

Sling wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:36 am Ypsos,

It would probably be yes to all 3 of your questions.
Hello
This is thank you good news
bonjour
Ceci esr merci une bonne nouvelle
As I posted previously this will take some time. The iPad version is limited by the fact Apple do not allow executable code to be uploaded to the iPad unless it’s embedded in an App which goes through their verification process. This means all instruments need to be embedded with the App so you have to wait for the App to be updated with all the latest instrument updates.
Unfortunately yes. However, some applications use the sharing option. CAD example. I develop an object with the mac desktop version with a software say 3D, I then place on my account on the site of the software developer this object (it is automatic). And then from its servers my application on iPad receives this object which is available.

other examples. With Air nav Pro I make a flight plan. I place it on the developer's site, and it will be available on the ZAir nav light application on the Ipad. The same goes for the Air track software.

Now I don't know how the developers went about it.

Malheureusemnt oui. Ceci étant certaines applications passent par l'option partage . CAD exemple. Je développe un objet avec la version mac bureau avec un logiciel disons 3D, Je place ensuite sur mon compte sur le site du développeur du logiciel cet objet ( c'est automatique) . Et ensuite au départ de ses serveurs mon application sur iPad reçoit cet objet qui est disponible.

autres exemples. Avec Air nav Pro je fais un plan de vol. je la place sur le site du développeur, et il sera disponible sur l'application ZAir nav light sur le Ipad . Pareil pour le logiciel Air track.

Maintenant je ne sais pas comment les développeurs s'y sont pris .
If Spacedesk will not work for you then what about Duet. I think that works with Mac and iPad.
I had thought of this track. and I am waiting for an answer from them because there are two questions.

1) Can we take control of xPlane on mac from the ipad or Duet only does screen mirroring?
2) Does Air Manager Desktop accept to operate in duet in screen mirroring mode while operating in touch and control xplane ?

J'avais pensé a cette piste. et j'attends une réponse de leur part car il y a deux questions.

1) Est ce que on peut prendre le controle de xPlane sur mac au départ de l'ipad ou Duet ne fait que de la recopie d'écran?
2) Est ce que Air Manager Desktop accepte de fonctionner dans duet en mode recopie d' écran tout en fonctionnant en tactile et controler xplane?,

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

Apple does not allow you to send executable code/script to the iPad. So sorry, it is not possible.

@Keith Baxter they do :) Although for us it makes it easier.

Ypsos

#20 Post by Ypsos »

Ralph wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:17 am I'm not gonna get into this matter. We cannot handle iPad refunds, you'll have to ask Apple.
I never asked for the refund.

Cei being on Apple store on the sales page of AirManager iPad it is announced that we have access to 400 free modules.

Maybe one of them would do.

How do I download them to the iPad?

Thank you

Je n'ai jamais demandé le remboursement.

Cei étant Sur Apple store sur la page de vente de AirManager iPad il est annoncé qu 'on a accés à 400 modules free.

Peut être que l'un deux conviendrait.

Comment les télécharger sur le iPad ?

Merci