I cannot find the following instruments ipad

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ypsos

I cannot find the following instruments ipad

#1 Post by Ypsos »

Hello google translation.
I am using X + Plane11.50r3 and X-Plane11.51b3

I bought Air Manager for IPAD to replace my instruments in USB Goflight.

I cannot find the following instruments in the generic option and on existing ones like the A320 it does not work with Laminar plane.

Can someone tell me where to find them?
- Speed break Arm
- auto break Arm
- No generic instrument to adjust ATHR speed

Thank you

Bonjour traduction google.

J'utilise X+Plane11.50r3 et X-Plane11.51b3

J'ai acheté Air Manager pour IPAD pour remplacer mes instruments en USB Goflight.

Je ne trouve pas les instrumenst suivants dans l'option généric et sur ceux existant comme le A320 cela ne fonctionne pas avec les avions de Laminar.

Quelqu'un peut me dire ou les trouver?
- Speed break Arm
- auto break Arm
- Pas d'instrument générique pour règler la vitesse ATHR

Merci

Ralph

Re: I cannot find the following instruments ipad

#2 Post by Ralph »

If they're available in the desktop version then they'll come to the iPad in the next update (4.0).

Ypsos

#3 Post by Ypsos »

Hello

I don't have the desktop version.

If I buy the desktop version, for example, can I modify an instrument to adapt them to laminar datarefs and then put this instrument in the Air Manager of the iPad?

If yes, how?

thank you

Bonjour

Je ne possède pas la version desktop.

Si j'achète la version desktop, est ce que par exemple je peux modifier un instrument pour les adapter aux datarefs de laminar puis mettre dans Air Manager de l'ipad cet instrument?

Si oui comment faire?

merci

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

No this is not possible, the iPad instruments are as they are, you cannot modify or send them from the desktop to the iPad.

Ypsos

#5 Post by Ypsos »

thank you for the answer

would it be possible to either

a) be able to buy for iPad all the generic instruments allowing to fly all the laminar planes in xPlane? As a working basis, let's just say that all the instruments available in plane maker are available in Air Manager Ipad.

or

b) be able to buy a module to install on Ipad Aait Manager to be able to create your own generic plane maker instruments.

Let's say this I don't understand:

a) it is the fact that by default air manager on Ipad does not integrate the fundamental instruments generated in plane maker.

b) that one cannot create generic instruments on iPad.

My testimony

As a multiplayer network administrator for 15 years on Xplane there would be a real demand for this basic product.

Indeed, the great majority of people do not buy planes requiring data ref options specific to the instruments available in Air manager Ipad.

This majority of people use either free planes up to standard, plane maker generic instruments or Laminar planes.

So it would be quite logical that Air manager in its genéric section offers the possibility of building its cockpit with all the default laminar plane maker instruments.

Thank you for your reply.

Merci pour la réponse

serait il possible de soit

a) pouvoir acheter pour iPad tous les instruments généric permetant de piloter tous les avions de laminar dans xPlane? Comme base de travail disons simplement que tous les instruments disponibles dans plane maker le soit dans Air Manager Ipad.

ou

b) pouvoir acheter un module à installer sur Ipad Aait Manager pour pouvoir créer ses propres instruments généric de plane maker.

Disons que ce je ne comprends pas :

a) c'est le fait que par défaut air manager sur Ipad n'intègre pas les instrument fondamentaux générés dans plane maker .

b) que l'on ne puisse pas créer des instruments généric sur iPad.

Mon témoignage

Comme administrateur réseau multijoueur depuis 15 ans sur Xplane il y aurait une réelle demande sur ce produit de base.

En effet, la grande majorité de personnes n'achète pas des avions nécessitant des optionsde data ref spécifiques des instrumenst disponibles dans Air manager Ipad.

Cette majorité de personnes utilisent ou des avions free aux normes des instruments généric de plane maker ou les avions de Laminar.

Donc il serait tout à fait logique que Air manager dans sa rubrique genéric offre la possibilité de fabriquer son cockpit avec tous les instruments par défaut de laminar plane maker.

Merci pour votre réponse.

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

Think of Air Manager for iPad as Air Manager Lite. It is a very stripped down version of the desktop version. You can do everything you want to do with the desktop version. The IPad version is only good for displaying instruments that are compatible and were accepted and available online prior to it last update. This is because the instruments have to be embedded in the App. With the desktop version you can create a new or cloned instrument and display it without all these restrictions. I wouldn’t recommend the iPad version if you are building a serious sim unless every instrument is already available and compatible. Not all instruments are compatible by the way as the iPad has other restrictions too.

Tony

Ypsos

#7 Post by Ypsos »

Hello

For the record, I have had a cockpit with Goflight instruments for 15 years.

Link to the photo of my installation

I don't want to make a cockpit but just be able to fly again with X-Plane 11 on Mac.

Indeed, the GoFlioght Plugins no longer work with Metal and X-Plane 11. I can no longer use my MCP pro autopilot.

I just want, as explained in this post, to find the equivalent of my Goflight but on iPad with Air Manager.

https://forums.siminnovations.com/viewt ... =14&t=3929

I tried the instruments available in Air Manager in generic form, unfortunately the instruments mentioned do not even work.
link to topic:

https://forums.siminnovations.com/viewt ... =12&t=3989

And the others that I researched and cited in this post are nonexistent.

I want to buy Air Manager desktop and try to make the instruments but on condition that I can then import them into Air manager IPad

no other solution is to be considered.

(sorry but language and translation problem)

cordially

Bonjour

Pour mémoire j'ai un cockpit avec des instruments Goflight depuis 15 ans.

Lien vers la photo de mon installation

http://xplanepilotecontrole.nexgate.ch/ ... it-567.jpg

Je ne souhaite pas fabriquer un cockpit mais simplement pouvoir voler à nouveau avec X-Plane 11 sur Mac.

En effet les Plugin de GoFlight ne fonctionnant plus avec Metal et X-Plane 11. je ne peux plus utiliser mon MCP pro autopilote.

Je souhaite juste comme expliqué à ce post, trouver l'équivalent de mes Goflight mais sur iPad avec Air Manager.

https://forums.siminnovations.com/viewt ... =14&t=3929

J'ai essayé en générique les instrument disponibles dans Air Manager malheureusement les instruments cités ne fonctionnent même pas.
lien vers le sujet :

https://forums.siminnovations.com/viewt ... =12&t=3989

Et les autres que je recherche et cité dans le présent post sont inexistants.

Je veux bien acheter Air Manager desktop et essayer de réaliser les instruments mais à condition que je puisse ensuite les importer dans Air manager IPad

aucune autre solution n'est à envisager.

( désolé mais problème de langue et de traduction)

Cordialement

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

I don’t understand the insistence on using the iPad version. It is very limited in functionality. You can make your own instruments and submit them as community instruments. If they are accepted which takes time you will then have to wait longer for them to be included in the iPad App upon its next update.

If you absolutely have to have the instruments displayed on an iPad I would recommend you use the desktop version and use a display expansion App such as Spacedesk to display the instruments on the iPad. Doing it this way will mean no need for instrument submission or waiting for iPad App update.

I hope this helps and translates into something you can understand. :D

Tony

Ypsos

#9 Post by Ypsos »

I understood very well that the Ipad version is limited.

the question is not there.

I think that the language barrier with an automatic google translation does not reflect the linguistic and legal diplomatico subtlety that I use.

As stated in my posts, I am on mac so any solution like Spacedesk cannot be used.

If I were on windows, this subject would never exist because the windows plugins work under vulcan for Goglight instruments unlike the plugin on mac which no longer work with metal (equivalent vulcan)

However, I hope to be clear, I am looking for a solution to replace my Goglight instruments and Air manager seemed suitable.

However, after purchasing Air Manager on Ipad, boasting more than XXX instruments compatible with xxx aircraft, it turns out that the basic generic instruments are either absent or those present for some non-functional.

If I can understand that the Ipad version is minimalist on Ipad but commercially illogical.

Indeed on a basic minimalist version, the customer expects that it should at least offer all the instruments compatible with the planes by default of Xplane.

The instruments offered relate to purchased or specific aircraft other than those of Laminar.

For laminar planes, unfortunately lmes is, ntrumenst Génfric are either absent or do not work for some.

Do you understand that in this situation I can only control with the mouse or stop the simulation ?.

As an administrator of a multiplayer network on xplane for 15 years I can attest that many people on mac and linux are in my case.

Air Manager Ipad has even minimalist potential.

The question is therefore simple: does the developer of Air manager on Ipad know how to listen to customers and integrate the instruments we are talking about which are minimalist but which are missing by default in the iPad version?

Once again the proposed instruments concern a minimalist percentage of users of purchased or specific aircraft to the detriment of the great majority who use aircraft by default of laminar

I am sure Air Manager would have more sales if it was compatible at least with all laminar planes.

As for buying Air Manager desktop.

I want to buy it, but ... if I create an instrument on desktop, does the developer of Air manage technically allow me to export it to the Ipad application?

Today the answer is no.

But tomorrow

Certainly we would have to adapt Air manager Ipad and Air manager Desktop but also the question is simple

How will the developer do so that we can perform this manipulation?

Frankly if I write a Word document I can very well recover it in an office software on Ipad

if I create photos, video or music I can also get my creations in Ipad

But please, I've been a volunteer developer for years on Xplane. I am willing to try on Air Desktop but do not tell me what I should do I am waiting for the answer of how to do it to achieve the objectives listed.

I repeat mac and Ipad no other environment.

Sorry if the turn of phrase would lack diplomacy but I depend on Google translate and do not understand anything in English.

Thank you

cordially

Keith Baxter

#10 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Let me give you my view. It is different to what you expect.

Air Manager is not a "WE HAVE ALL INSTRUMENTS FOR ALL PLATFORMS" sim plugin.

There are a few "PREMIUM" Instruments and panels that can be purchased from Sim Innovations.

However the majority of the instruments that you talk of "xxx" are made by the "COMMUNITY". It is not the responsibility of Sim Innovations or the community to provide a "all fit all" solution.

You will get a lot of help from the community to produce your own instruments and then you could also share those instruments for others to enjoy just like we do.

For your needs the Ipad version is not viable IMHO.

The desktop version works on mac and with some help from the guys at SI and the community you should find a solution.

Hope that clears up some misconceptions and expectations you have of Air Manager.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card