xplane installation

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

carlosdesedas

xplane installation

#1 Post by carlosdesedas »

Hi. I just purchased Air Manager for the ipad and tried installing the pc client portion. It didn't recognize my current xplane 10 installation folder, which is not on the C drive, thus I am not able to extract the plugin and install it.

Also, I have xplane 11 installed on another folder and would love to try it out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlos

Corjan

Re: xplane installation

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi Carlos,

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can download the plugin for X-plane here:
Air Plugin.zip
(86.68 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Make sure to copy it to <X-plane path>/resources/plugins. Same for X-plane 11.
Full path would be:
<X-plane path>/resources/plugins/Air Plugin/64/xpl.win

I'm very curious why the installer did not install the X-plane plugin correctly on your system. Could you restart the installer and click on the 'detail' button next to the X-plane icon and copy/paste that information here?

Thanks in advance and enjoy Air Manager,

Corjan

carlosdesedas

#3 Post by carlosdesedas »

ok... got it working with the lastest plugin... THANK YOU!!! what probably happened is that I "moved" the old xplane 10 installation to another drive and installed xplane 11, but the installer didn't recognize this...

Looking for X-plane file at path: C:\Users\Carlitos\AppData\Local\x-plane_install_10.txt
Looking for X-plane folder at path: C:\Juegos/X-Plane 10/
Could not find X-plane directory at path: C:\Juegos/X-Plane 10/
Looking for X-plane folder at path: W:\X-Plane 10/
Could not find X-plane directory at path: W:\X-Plane 10/

Now, I'm trying to get it working in Prepared 3D 3, but it's not recognizing the connection. I wasn't asked any permissions the first time I tried running p3d after the install. and I got this error message..

Searching installation path for Prepar3d (v3)
Failed to find registry path at 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3:SetupPath'
Failed to find registry path at 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3:AppPath'
Installing SimConnect
Searching config file for Prepar3d (v3)
Successfully written AM configuration to 'C:\Users\Carlitos\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\dll.xml'
Successfully installed Air Manager on 'Prepar3d (v3)'.

The actual path of Prepared 3D is "C:\Juegos\Prepar3D v3" and it's properly installed.... now, I KID YOU NOT.. I din't have a HLM\SOFTWARE\Lockhhed Martin\ entry on my registry, and all installs have been through the proper downloads from their website... looking through the registry I did find 2 entries under HCU\SOFTWARE\, one under "Lockheed Martin" and one under "LockheedMartin" [no spaces]..

Prehaps you can give me a .reg file so I can import it directly and try?

Thanks!

Edit: rebooted and now it works on Prepar3d, but the above error messages still hold true...

PlaneFlyGirl7

#4 Post by PlaneFlyGirl7 »

I'm still having problems. I copied the "Air Plugin" folder to the appropriate folder and I still cannot get X-Plane to install the plug in. Here's the path I used:

<X-plane path>/resources/plugins/Air Plugin/64/xpl.win

Would someone assist me?

russ

#5 Post by russ »

Looks like the correct path... assume you restarted XPlane after you placed the plugin? Does it show up when you select the Plugin admin menu in XP?
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

PlaneFlyGirl7

#6 Post by PlaneFlyGirl7 »

No, it's still not showing up. I've restarted XP numerous times last night. In times past, I've added plugins in XP, but this time, it's not working. I'm also reconsidering wiping XP and reinstalling it. It's probably unnecessary. I'm also considering downloading XP11. Your thoughts? Would it be better to run XP and Air Manager on the iOS platform on a Mac?

Here's my platform and what I'm running:

MAC Bootcamp
Windows 7
Air Manager for Windows

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Do you also have the 32 bit plugin there? Just to be sure...
So:
X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\Air Plugin\32\win.xpl

Oh and by the way, it's win.xpl and not xpl.win, but I guess you have that correct ;)

PlaneFlyGirl7

#8 Post by PlaneFlyGirl7 »

I copied it to the 64 bit plugin and not the 32. Let me try it.
The path for the 64 bit is: X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\Air Plugin\64\win.xpl

I was specifically talking about X-plane 11 ... Did I miss something when you were talking about win.xpl? :)

PlaneFlyGirl7

#9 Post by PlaneFlyGirl7 »

Good news! I installed Air Manager on my Mac and it works!

Thanks for your help!
Happy Flying!