Connect iPad with PC

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

thernloven

Connect iPad with PC

#1 Post by thernloven »

Hello everyone I am new here. I purchased the Air Manager for iPad yesterday. I have read all of the instructions but I just can't seem to make it work? Do I have to buy Air Manager to the computer as well to connect my iPad? I figure that can't be because I have already bought it on App Store.

So my question is simple; How do I connect my iPad Pro to X-Plane on PC?

PS I have read the Wiki but It does not work? Believe I need some more clear instructions. :)

Kind regards, Lukas

Ralph

Re: Connect iPad with PC

#2 Post by Ralph »

So I suppose you installed the plugin?

FlyingSinger

#3 Post by FlyingSinger »

Hello all,
I am new here having just purchased Air Manager 3.7 for iPad on the mistaken (or perhaps premature) assumption that this could work with MSFS2020. Actually I saw someone apparently doing this on YouTube somewhere which is why I bought it. I should have done more research but it was "only" a $23 app so I took a chance (that's high for an app but normal for such a specialized one, I know, and cheaper than most flight sim gear).

I looked through many threads here and I gather that support for MSFS2020 across the AM product line is a work in progress, perhaps beta or something. I found and tried to install the Flightsim plugins v3.2 but as I do not have any previous flight sims such as FSX installed, this would not install. I thought maybe for MSFS that it might adopt some compatibility mode for FSX (this is the case for the Simionic G1000 PFD and MFD apps - their bridge app looks for FSX but connects to MSFS once you resolve Win10 firewall issues).

I have plenty of things to learn and do on MSFS without this, so if it's too soon, I will wait. I'm a private pilot but I haven't flown or played with flight sims for maybe 10 years. I would like to know if you do intend to support the iPad app for MSFS2020 at some point.

Thank you,
Bruce Irving

hansmatthys

#4 Post by hansmatthys »

Hi Bruce,

I have the same problem.
The beta version of the plugin does not work with the ipad I guess.
It's installing and the installation log is confirming the installation was successfull... but the connnection with MSFS 2020 does not happen.
So I guess we will have to wait until it does.

If anyone has a solution that works arround this problem please feel free to comment.

Thanks,

Hans

hansmatthys

#5 Post by hansmatthys »

HI Bruce,

that's what i found so far in the FAQ section of the Sim Innovations website...

"Are you or are you going to support Microsoft FS2020?
Yes we are. Air Manager 4.0 already has FS2020 support and can be tried as an open beta for Windows. It requires you to use the beta plugin. We're still waiting for Microsoft to let us create a proper FS2020 plugin, until then this temporary plugin system will be available. Note that for now none the instruments are not compatible with FS2020 by default. To make it work with FS2020, you will have to use the FS2020 subscribe in the/your instrument script. In September we will start making instruments compatible by default. FS2020 support for iPad and Android will follow later this year."

we will have to wait...

Hans

Dmize

#6 Post by Dmize »

It's Feb 2021, Ipad will not connect to msfs2020. Anyone else able to get it to work?

Dmize

#7 Post by Dmize »

Nevermind it just worked. Had it open, went to settings and turned off auto connect and then closed settings and the app restarted and worked.

jph

#8 Post by jph »

Just remember guys, that FS2020 is a work in progress ... not specifically by SI (Air Manger etc) but by the failure and misleading promises and #'roadmaps# widely report to have come from the producers of FS2020. (most originated FROM the producers) .... some would call it remiss, some may call it 'lying through their teeth' .... only you can decide.
FS2020 is not following the - albeit dubious - roadmap that they presented when releasing the beta - oops, I mean, the release - as anyone using it is, in reality still a beta tester.
The FS2020 SDK is flawed and incomplete.
You have to consider that FS2020 is already - and further destined to be aimed, primarily at consoles - NOT PCs. - PCs are simply a beta testing ground for console use that folks have paid good money for by being semi conned.. hence, probably 90% of development will be for consoles as it is primarily a 'game'
A 'game' doesn't necessarily mean it cannot be a mediocre simulator. but, I wouldn't hold your breath. Give a few years or 5.... see how it goes.
Joe.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

nitrameo

#9 Post by nitrameo »

Hello, ist this problem getting solved or do I have to request my money back from Apple?

Well this is probably a Microsoft issue but taking over 20€ for the app without mentioning the issue connecting to MSFS2020 ist no good customer communication...

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

It does not mention anywhere that it does connect to FS2020, so this isn't an 'issue' or a matter of bad communication. Taken from the App Store:
...compatible with Laminar Research X-Plane 9, 10 and 11, Microsoft FSX and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D.
If we would follow your logic then we would have to mention that it does not connect to DCS, IL2 Sturmovik, Condor, etc... But anyway. Air Manager 4.0 for desktop will soon be released, after that the iPad and Android will follow.