Two NAV/COM Radios on iPad

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AnthonySullivan

Two NAV/COM Radios on iPad

#1 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Just purchased Air Manager for Desktop and iPad.
Trying to have a panel with two sets of NAV/COM Radios as normally used in C172 but I cannot find these in the instruments offered.
I also cannot install more than one of any instrument on the iPad.
How to install two copes of a NAV/COM Radio?
Thanks

Ralph

Re: Two NAV/COM Radios on iPad

#2 Post by Ralph »

There's just one at the moment. But if you press the MODE button, you flip between com 1 and com 2.

AnthonySullivan

#3 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Ok could the team please allow more than one copy of a type of instrument on the screen.
I have seen two copies of NAV/COM radios on iPads in the You tube Videos so I know it can be done.
Are these being copied over from X-Plane? I see that you can copy over things like GNS 430 or 530.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Nothing is copied from X-Plane. 430 and 530's are pop-outs, they do not work on the iPad.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

What you would of seen is the iPad running a desktop expansion App. In this configuration it behaves much like a touch screen monitor connected to a desktop machine. You can have all the benefits and features of the desktop version on a tablet. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for AM for iPad. It serves a purpose for some users and is a good starting point for instruments on another display but has a much lower price point and therefore feature set. For serious simming you really need the desktop version IMHO.

Tony

AnthonySullivan

#6 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Sorry I should have mentioned that I have Duet Display running on the iPad which allows me to use it as another screen for the Mac.
I am sure I have seen a Youtube Video of someone running NAVCOM Radios on an iPad.
I know that you can take pop out windows such as G1000 and move them onto Air Manager Panels.
How do I get the C172 Navcom radios onto an Air Manager Panel?
thanks

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

See this thread. The video is posted there.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3342

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Then you can just add the instrument twice and set one up for com1/nav1 and the other for com2/nav2.