Zibo Instruments Not Working Correctly

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: Zibo Instruments Not Working Correctly

#11 Post by SimPassion »

TrevorMatthews wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:59 am Hi
It is a shame they can't work like the switches on the autopilot panel because they click in to place perfectly.
But I thank you for your work on these great panels.
Just explained above : only two positions switches in MCP and 3 positions switches in EFIS Control
already explained it would be difficult to touch on small area of these switches if they are build like push buttons, when the EFIS Control will be sized down on a low size device : very inefficient way

Gilles

Sling

#12 Post by Sling »

For @TrevorMatthews

I’ll repeat.
They can be made to work how you want with a bit of code manipulation. Quite easy really.

But i’ll add.
If you want anything other than what’s available in community instruments then you need to drive those iPads or a touch screen from the desktop version as AM for iPad is limited to what’s already in the app. Doing this will mean you can apply a simple fix for this.

TrevorMatthews

#13 Post by TrevorMatthews »

Thanks you for the replies, I didn't realise I could do anything with the ipads through the Windows version.
I don't understand how that is possible but I will add that reading to my to do list :)
Time to learn Lua as well then, no problem, all part of the fun.

It is a shame there is no trial version of the Windows version as there is with pilot2atc for example, that has proved to be very useful before a major purchase.

Plenty of time on my hands at the moment like everyone else. Time to dive in and learn...
Regards
Trevor

TrevorMatthews

#14 Post by TrevorMatthews »

What I meant to say was, you can't access the Zibo panels from the trial version.
Regards
Trevor

Sling

#15 Post by Sling »

Trevor,

If you have to use iPads you need a desktop expansion App like spacedesk or duet. I would recommend the larger screen of a touch monitor or two.

TrevorMatthews

#16 Post by TrevorMatthews »

Hi
Xplane is running on 3 monitors.
I have the ipads setup just underneath and they are a perfect low cost solution for me at the moment.
A lottery win would mean a few large touch screens and one over the top for the overhead zibo panel :-)

I have played more with the two switches I had the issue with and have found moving my finger in a horizontal direction produces a better result that is far more repeatable.
Could also be dry skin not interacting with the touch screen very well either.
Regards
Trevor

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

Ok I totally understand. If you already have the iPads you might as well make use of them.

As I said previously if you want to tinker with the instruments in any way you will need to use a desktop extension App to use the ipads as touch screens running from AM for desktop.

Tony

TrevorMatthews

#18 Post by TrevorMatthews »

OK, thanks, I will continue tinkering.
Might as well get the desktop version as well then.
Regards
Trevor