Instrument background colours

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Rupertbear

Instrument background colours

#1 Post by Rupertbear »

Hi from down under,

I’ve been using the Cessna 172 iPad instruments in my home cockpit setup quite successfully. However, I was hoping to make a simple aesthetic change to the appearance of the instruments.

The default C172 instruments have a light grey background and I’m hoping there’s a simple way to change this to black or dark grey. I haven’t attempted yet to tinker with instrument settings or modifications as I’m a bit daunted by this.

Hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction as to how to go about changing the background colour of these instruments.

Many thanks,

Sling

Re: Instrument background colours

#2 Post by Sling »

G'day

You can't change what's included with the ipad App. So sorry you are stuack with it the way it is. This is because Apple do not allow the download of executable code to an App so the instruments have to be embedded with the App. It requires an App update to get the latest state of the online instruments.

If you have the desktop version and a touch screen the limts to customisation are only limited by your imagination. You don't have to upload to the Sim Innovations online store or wait for an App update. In your case you could just clone the instruments make the change to the background .png image and add these revised instruments to your panel. Simple.

I keep trying to get the message out. If you want to make instrument changes or your own instruments then the Desktop version with a suitably sized USB touch screen is the way to go. This setup also enables the use of a Knobster.

I hope this helps.

Tony

Rupertbear

#3 Post by Rupertbear »

Thank Tony, I’ll give this a go. I have a desktop version but haven’t used it in a while. It’s about time I got under the bonnet.

Regards
Mike

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Anytime Mike. Be sure to post any questions that arise along your way on this forum and we’ll do our best to get it resolved.