Two nav/com in panel

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Tboyers

Two nav/com in panel

#1 Post by Tboyers »

New user. Thought this was something pretty easy to add two nav/com for c172 to make a radio stack on iPad. I can select one be bendix/king nav/com but how can I add a second for com2/nav2 to same panel? Thanks.

Sling

Re: Two nav/com in panel

#2 Post by Sling »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. To add 2 radios you should be able to add the same instrument twice. Drag them to where you want them and set each ones user property to reflect if it is to operate as Nav/Com 1 or 2.

Depending on the radio some may have 2 separate instruments but most are a single instrument with a user property to set the 1 or 2 like I described.

I hope this helps.

Tony

Tboyers

#3 Post by Tboyers »

When I click in the left pane it adds the KX165A. If I click again it goes away. How do I add another same to the panel? I don’t know how to access user properties. See my attached.
A07B122E-0B39-404C-882A-279B9FAFEE06.jpeg

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

Hello @Tboyers

I'm afraid for iPad, it would require twice the same instrument with different identifiers (UUID) or waiting for SI to make the ability to add it twice the same and allow setting for each instrument instance
in AM Desktop we can deal differently when building panels, but in iPad there's currently some limitations (similar to AM for Android devices)

Welcome and have a nice usage of AM
Have good flights

Gilles

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Tboyers wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:22 am When I click in the left pane it adds the KX165A. If I click again it goes away. How do I add another same to the panel? I don’t know how to access user properties. See my attached. A07B122E-0B39-404C-882A-279B9FAFEE06.jpeg
It seems the iPad App is further limited than I thought. I don’t have the iPad App so I can’t help further. One of the Sim Innovations team will have to comment on these limitations. If you can’t access user properties with the iPad App then instruments that use them will not function as intended i’m afraid.

I know using an existing tablet is desirable but both the iOS and Android Apps are not as capable as AM or AP. If what you want to do is in the scope of what they are capable of then they can work well. For other things I would always advise the use of a Touch screen or more, being driven by a desktop version of AM or AP. You could also use AP for Raspberry Pi but it is hardware limited by the performance of the Rpi.

Tony

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

The instrument has a user property that lets you select if it should be 1 or 2, but this doesn't work on the iPad. So I'll have to bring back the two separate radios for now and wait for an update of our iPad app to bring this selection feature back.

Tboyers

#7 Post by Tboyers »

Hmmm ok I guess I thought this was a pretty basic desire for iPad. I have AM for desktop for main panel but figured I’d use iPad for the radio stack. Thanks for all the feedback. Looking forward to the iPad update.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

I created this option, but never thought about the consequence for the iPad. 3.7 will have two radios.

Tboyers

#9 Post by Tboyers »

Excellent thank you!