Audiopanels can’t turn off nav1 or nav2

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Semperfubar

Audiopanels can’t turn off nav1 or nav2

#1 Post by Semperfubar »

On all the three audio panels I can turn the nav1 and nav2 on but not off and the dme button doesnt work...this is with the latest plugin in xplane 11 and using airmanager 3.6 on the ipad

Moonpilot

Re: Audiopanels can’t turn off nav1 or nav2

#2 Post by Moonpilot »

I am experiencing the same thing, I had an update for Air Player yesterday along with an up date for Xplane 11.35. Now I am unable to turn off the Com 1 and 2, I have tried several Xplane planes, and have tried several audio panels, no sound when touching the com 1,2, Nav 1 and 2 switches. The Marker, DME, ADF1 and ADF 2 on the Cessna and Beechcraft Audio panel have sounds and go on and off, but not the com 1,2 and Nav 1 and 2 switches, the audio if you have com and frequency tuned in stay on, until you turn off frequency, but the indicator lights still stay on the audio panel I even tried the generic 340 with the same results after I uploaded the new Air Manager and Air Player plug in and reloaded the program.

Please note:
My problem is not with an ipad, but on my windows 10 machine running Air Player, with my laptop running Air Manager, with the same results on the laptop....

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

I'm a little confused by what you are actually saying. What do you mean by all 3 audio panels? I suspect you have been subjected to a Laminar gotcha. I am not running the very latest xplane version and my com audio switching works. I have noticed that the xplane audio panels are not functionally accurate to the real world because you should not be able to turn both com rx channels off. As a minimum the rx channel that coincides with the selected tx channel should always be on in my experience. Perhaps Laminar have corrected the previous behaviour and that's why you are seeing a difference.

I'm not in any rush to upgrade my xpl so i can't check if this is the case.

Tony

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Well despite what i said I did update my xpl to try and resolve my ongoing Planemaker issue but alas that's still not working. Come on LR make it work properly with intel graphics.

Anyway I digress. Once updated I checked out the audio panels and can see that the generic 340 panel is able to turn com's on and off but the KMA 30 allows the turn on but not off as was described. This is because they use different commands. If you change the command used in the com1_pressed and com2_pressed callbacks to the same as those used in the 340 callbacks everything will be back to normal. Correct commands are "sim/audio_panel/monitor_audio_com1" and "sim/audio_panel/monitor_audio_com2".

I hope this helps.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Both audio panels are now updated.

Semperfubar

#6 Post by Semperfubar »

Does this requiere updating the app or the plugin to work?

Thanks

SimPassion

#7 Post by SimPassion »

Backup the instrument (Clone) if you already done some work on it
In the Online tab in AM, search the audio panels, click on red Delete button
then click on green Download button to re download the audio panels (one by one)

Gilles

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

I think you are stuck for the moment because you are using the iPad App. You will have to wait for the App to be updated and then it will get the latest versions of all the instruments including these audio panels. They can be downloaded on all the other platforms.

Tony

SimPassion

#9 Post by SimPassion »

You're right Tony, I've missed the iPad point

Gilles

Semperfubar

#10 Post by Semperfubar »

Thanks...figured so. Yes I was referring to the ipad version