B58 incorrect readings?

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

piazzz33

B58 incorrect readings?

#1 Post by piazzz33 »

I have an issue running xplane 11.31 stock b58 with ipad and b58 panel..... My cht temp and oil temp are always maxed out reading incorrectly. Any help would be great. Also the airspeed is off a bit but doesnt bother me much. Another thing I have noticed is some of the autopilot’s just dont work correctly as buttons dont engage or work along with trasponders that dont change numbers correctly or at all? is tis normal or just somthing i am doing wrong? Having these not work correctly kind of defeats the porpose as i like to run in full screen with no cockpit view for better fps

Ralph

Re: B58 incorrect readings?

#2 Post by Ralph »

Never heard about this before. I will have a look next week, maybe Laminar has changed something again. They keep adjusting temperatures and functionality.

Can you please let me know the exact names of the instruments you're referring to?
So the airspeed indicator, transponder and the autopilot.

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

Depending on what instruments you are using some have flaws. I know the KT76A has a maths flaw due to a change in Lua version and the GTX model is very limited in functionality.
I haven’t heard or seen the other issues.

Tony
Last edited by Sling on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

piazzz33

#4 Post by piazzz33 »

Ok I was mistaken it was not the stock B58 I had the REP add on. The stock works just fine. But with the rep add on it is the CHT, EGT and oil temp that was maxed out. With the default baron 58 set.

And it was the KT76A that was not working correctly. But I find the 737 radio stack works perfectly. As for the autopilots I find the bendix will turn AP on and off but nothing else. But I find the SF50 is fine.

Any thoughts on why the temps are maxed when using REP add on?

JackZ

#5 Post by JackZ »

The Reality Expansion Pack is according to the claim from Simcoders, modeling accurately the Oil system, the CHT and fuel system of the Continental IO-550.

No wonders, they have for sure their own set of variables/datarefs for oil, cylinder temps and fuel (to name a few) which are most probably different from the stock Baron. The AM instruments have not been coded with these values but with the stock ones.

Unless these custom variables or Datarefs are made available, and are published somewhere, it will be difficult to modify the code of the instrument, which are currently made for the Stock Baron.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

JackZ

#6 Post by JackZ »

I reply to myself, apparently the Datarefs are published in the Manual. So there might be light...
in the Dataref inspector or in the create tab of AM search for the Datarefs commencing with:
simcoders/rep/...

Also make sure you have updated to the latest version of the REP, as they have apparently made some tweaking and fixes about oil.

Jacques

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

piazzz33 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:36 am Ok I was mistaken it was not the stock B58 I had the REP add on. The stock works just fine. But with the rep add on it is the CHT, EGT and oil temp that was maxed out. With the default baron 58 set.

And it was the KT76A that was not working correctly. But I find the 737 radio stack works perfectly. As for the autopilots I find the bendix will turn AP on and off but nothing else. But I find the SF50 is fine.

Any thoughts on why the temps are maxed when using REP add on?
What specifically is wrong with your KT-76A? If the code is incorrect I have the fix for that.

On the custom datarefs. You should be able to see them with the dataref tool plugin and modify the instrument subscribes accordingly.

Tony

piazzz33

#8 Post by piazzz33 »

The KT76A when turning dials often times the numbers wont match between AM and the cockpit. i noticed if a dial is turned past 7 or below 0 it will also change the number next to it but not change the respective number in the cockpit often times making the numbers one didget off.

As for the temps in the REP add on I think the fix would be way out of my league. I would give it a go if you could point me in the right direction for a manual/instruction i could follow.

Please dont think that I am complaining about this product or putting it down in any way. I really like its simplicity and how well it works for me and my old comp. for running xplane keep up the amazing work.

Marty

JackZ

#9 Post by JackZ »

piazzz33 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:08 pm As for the temps in the REP add on I think the fix would be way out of my league. I would give it a go if you could point me in the right direction for a manual/instruction i could follow.
Marty
Marty

The adaptation is definitely not a huge task and you'd be surprised how simple it is to modifiy a given instrument to use other datarefs, if they are available and do not involve complex recalculations or rescaling (provided you have the correct REP Datarefs, it will be merely a search and replace of the datarefs subscribe in the code). We could of course provide you with instructions on how to do this, as this kind of problem (adapting an existing instrument to a specific addon) is a quite frequently asked question.

But I understand that you are using the Tablet version of AM.
Here lies the real problem, as these instruments, as far as I know, are directly embedded in the AM version, with no way to access/modify the code directly by the end user. In the Desktop version of AM, if the Panel is a paid version, for obvious reasons (guess the code is encrypted somehow), you won't be able to access/modify it neither.

So the only middle term solution I see, is to submit a request to SimInnovations for this addon-specific panel, and pray that if ever Ralph has a slot in his busy schedule :D, he can modify/alter the existing version of the B58 panel to make it REP compatible. The thing is that obviously it is absolutely impossible to cater with the HUGE database of Addons available on the market, and have "standard" panels working in every configuration. For example there also exist a Carenado version of the B58 for XPlane, with and without a REP sepcific version. Already 4 options for a single platform and a single airplane... No way for a "one size fits all" unfortunately, except when the instruments use standard variables, which seems not to be the case with REP.

First step in any case would be for you to publish here the list of REP Datarefs available, that can be found through the REP documentation.
We could have a look and see if the task is as easy to do as expected, and might help our poor Ralph (Corjan has already his hands full with his debugger I guess :twisted: ).

Jacques

Sling

#10 Post by Sling »

piazzz33 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:08 pm The KT76A when turning dials often times the numbers wont match between AM and the cockpit. i noticed if a dial is turned past 7 or below 0 it will also change the number next to it but not change the respective number in the cockpit often times making the numbers one didget off.

As for the temps in the REP add on I think the fix would be way out of my league. I would give it a go if you could point me in the right direction for a manual/instruction i could follow.

Please dont think that I am complaining about this product or putting it down in any way. I really like its simplicity and how well it works for me and my old comp. for running xplane keep up the amazing work.

Marty
That sounds very much like the issue I saw and fixed. I could post the revised instrument here but if you are using one of the tablet versions then there is little point for the reasons Jacques highlighted.