Can't connect X Plane with Air Manager

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

redman

Can't connect X Plane with Air Manager

#1 Post by redman »

Hi everyone,
I'm having problems runing Air Manager on X Plane 10. I've been using the AM app on my iPad with FSX for a couple of weeks now and everything seems to work fine. Yesterday I decided to check how the app works with X Plane so I installed version 10 of the simulator which I currently have. I ran the windows plugin once more so that it could detect X Plane. As you can see on the attached picture, the pop-up window confirmed a successful instalation of the X Plane plugin, and when clicking details it shows the plugin instal directory. I've also switched "Manual flight simulator" to X Plane and turned off "Automatically connect to Flight Simulator" in the app settings on the iPad However, when I run X plane I cannot find the Air Plugin in the Plugin menu at the top of the screen, nor does Air Manager work on the iPad :( I've also checked whether the plugin has physically installed in the X Plane folder and it's there! In X Plane/Resources/plugins/Air Plugin/64. A file called "win.xpl". When I switch to FSX everything works fine... So the question is, what am I doing wrong? and how am I supposed to make AM work with X Plane? Please Help!
Attachments
Plugin location.JPG
X Plane Plugins.JPG
Windows Plugin 1.JPG
Windows Plugin 2.JPG
Last edited by redman on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimPassion

Re: Can't connect to X Plane 10

#2 Post by SimPassion »

Ensure AM is in Automatic detection mode

Gilles
Plugin_Issue.jpg

SimPassion

Re: Can't connect to X Plane 10

#3 Post by SimPassion »

Also that your iPad is on the same network that the Flight Sim, after ensuring AM displays "Connected to X-plane"

Gilles

redman

Re: Can't connect X Plane with Air Manager

#4 Post by redman »

I know for a fact that the iPad on the same network that the Flight Sim since it works with FSX without the slightest problem. I tired running it in both Automatic detection mode "on" and "off", unfortuantely it makes no difference... It seems that the X Plane doesn't see the plugin :( Any other suggestions please guys?
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg

SimPassion

#5 Post by SimPassion »

Have you installed the Beta or normal version of plugin ?

i can't check the install as the plugin install won't see my X-Plane 10 installation already for a while
and i never changed anything since initial install, so it works with the currently installed plugin (old version)

Gilles

redman

#6 Post by redman »

At first I had the normal version of the plugin but since it didn't work I decided to check out the Beta one. No luck with neither of them. Can you see the Air Manager plugin when you open the Plugin menu in X Plane? Or is it missing as in my photo?
Attachments
X Plane Plugins.JPG

SimPassion

#7 Post by SimPassion »

yes i have it in v2.5
XP10_00.jpg
XP10.jpg

redman

#8 Post by redman »

There we go. The problem seems to be with the instalation of the plugin. Perhaps installing the Air Player will do the job? To be honest I'm out of ideas... Any other suggestions? Anyone had a similar issue?

Corjan

#9 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Wiuld you mind sending me the x-plane log.txt file?
You can find it in the root of the xplane installation folder.

It normally gives more information why a plugin cannot be loaded.

Corjan

redman

#10 Post by redman »

Hi Corjan,
I'm trying to send it to you as a private message but it seems that I can't add a txt file. When I choose it trough the add file button it keeps saying "Invalid file extension: Log.txt". How can I send it?

Michael