Multiple ipads

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ravemtech

Multiple ipads

#1 Post by Ravemtech »

Sorry but 3 questions

1. Is it possible to run Air Manager on 2 or 3 iPads air the same time to allow for more instruments. If using Simconnect with Air Manager on a separate computer, will this cause issues? And can 2 or 3 iPads be used if Air Manager is run from the main computer?

2. l have the iPad version, do l need to purchase the PC Windows version if I want to run it on a PC monitor rather than on the iPads?

3. Can I run Air Manager on a PC monitor and 1, 2 or 3 iPads all at the same time?

Thanks for your help
Anthony

Corjan

Re: Multiple ipads

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi Anthony,

Firstly, no need to apologize, we are here to help :)
Also thanks for your interest in Air Manager.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, you can run multiple iPads, which can all connect to the same flight simulator (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XydcjgSOgs, this is X-plane, but is the same for FSX).

2. Yes, we sell the iPad and desktop separately. So you would need to buy both if you want to display instruments on a PC monitor and on an iPad.

3. Yes, this is possible. You can freely mix and match iPad and desktop instances of Air Manager.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Corjan

Ravemtech

#3 Post by Ravemtech »

Thanks

Your quick response and answers greatly appreciated.

One final question, and may or may not be directly a Siminnovations question, but now that I am using Simaviation for all my gauges, is there a way to turn off the gauges in FSX or P3D as they are really obselete, use up valuable memory and tie up the CPU. Could such a system if not available, be introduced as part of the Simaviation program. I still want the internal cockpit views and to see the gauges, but just no longer need them working and using the CPU as Air Manager is far superior and far more versitile ( for me anyway ).

Just wish l had seen it 12 months ago when I built my cockpit. Have some redesigning to do now.

Thanks again
Anthony

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I don't think it's possible to stop the gauges from working. I also don't think it would really help, they still have to be rendered.
You can use the outside view only, that would give the best performance. Go to: Views -> View mode -> Cockpit -> Cockpit. Then press 'W' until you get only the outside view.