Air Manager and X plane 11 on Steam

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

technobody0

Re: Air Manager and X plane 11 on Steam

#11 Post by technobody0 »

Ralph, Xplane is installed on the desktop. That is where the installer put it.

Gilles, I found win.xpl at the path location you specified. When I go to the plugin menu of the XPlane program, there is no Airplayer entry. The only plugin listed is xula I believe. I am using the 64 bit version. It would seem to that the plugin never got installed although it appears in the specified path. Can this be reinstalled? This is the steam version. Does Air Manager work with the steam version?

I should also mention that I downloaded the demo version of X Plane 11 from the Laminar web site and it installed that on the desktop. After, I established that my computer could run it, I purchased X Plane 11 from Steam and it also installed it on the desktop

Thanks

Pete

SimPassion

#12 Post by SimPassion »

Do you find that the Steam X-Plane path is the same that the demo version, as stated by Ralph ?

Code: Select all

C:\Users\fbroc\Desktop\X-Plane 11\
Could you confirm that you have not somewhere a path like this ?

..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\
if you find such a path, then perhaps you can copy & past from :

C:\Users\fbroc\Desktop\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\Air Plugin\
To :

..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\Air Plugin\
Gilles
Last edited by SimPassion on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ralph

#13 Post by Ralph »

There's probably something wrong in the installation path. X-Plane creates a link to the directory in Windows the first time, but if something changes this link isn't necessarily updated, especially when you do some manual changes.
Can you show where the win.xpl file is located and confirm that this is the installation folder you are using for X-Plane.

technobody0

#14 Post by technobody0 »

As Gilles suggested the win.xpl was installed on the desktop directory. So I deleted the desktop directory and ran setup again. I have the following:

The plugin is installed in C;\programfiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\xplane11\resources\plugins\airplugin\64\win.xpl
This is where the setup program installed it.

The file is installed at .....\resources\plugins\pluginadmin\64\win.xpl
and ......\resources\plugins\pluginadmin\32\win.xpl

Where should this win.xpl file be installed? Is the fact there are 3 locations the problem?

There is progress of a sort. In the X Plane 11 plugin menu, Air Manager now shows as enabled. The version is listed as 2.1.8.

I got into this mess by first trying the demo program from the Laminar website. That installed an X Plane directory on the desktop. After deciding to by the product from Steam, I ran the install without first removing the X Plane directory from the desktop. This apparently confused the X Plane installer.

Pete

technobody0

#15 Post by technobody0 »

Ralph, at one point, you said that I was working with an old version of Air Manager because the settings panel had a selection for "automatically connecting to flight simulator". You said that I should upgrade it. I upgraded it to ver 1.3 on the IPad mini. The settings panel still has that selection option for automatic connection.

Here is a photo of that panel

download/file.php?mode=view&id=1300
Attachments
Air Manager Settings Photo Jan 06, 5 13 26 PM.png

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

Yes the option is still there, but you can leave it to automatic. Did you manage to get the plugin going? If there's no connection, try disabling the firewall temporarily.

technobody0

#17 Post by technobody0 »

Ralph, disabling the firewall did the trick both with X Plane (steam) and FSX (steam). Thanks to both you and Gilles for your help.

Pete

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

Okay. You'll have to add an exception to the firewall for FSX and X-Plane then.